myself asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Why can't I stay alseep?

For the Past 3-4 nights, I either

(1) Can't fall asleep for over an hour, I wake up so many times

(2) I fall asleep fast, But I wake up 5 or 6 times each night, then I fall alseep on the couch.

I am so Tired during the day, and so irritable and emotional.

My bed time is hasn't changed at all for the past nights.

I don't know what to do. I tried this herbal tea that makes you more calm, and fall alsleep, and warm milk.

What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Your body must be functioning normally or it will be forced to alert you by waking you up.

drink 1 litre of plain, still water 20 minutes before dinner, and another 1 hour before bedtime. Go to the toilet immediately before bed, turn off all lights and sounds in your room (as close as possible to pitch black and silent), and clear your sinuses thoroughly. I do not advise eating anything less than 1 hour before bedtime, however if you are very hungry make the meal small with lots of water, and it must be more than 30 minutes before bedtime. If you are injured, protect the area and take a small amount of anti-inflammatory pain killers. If you are sick, follow doctors orders to the letter when he advises you on what to do before bedtime.

Your thoughts are far more powerful than anyone understands, even today. If you believe that, by following a persons instructions, you will sleep through the night you have a higher probability of success.

To sleep, breath deeply. Focus totally on your breathing only, inhaling as deeply as possible. Maintain this focus for as long as it takes for your eyes to feel heavy and close on their own, then allow your mind to wander into imagination.

This last stage is what prompts dreaming, and whatever you allow yourself to "see" in your minds eye will be what you dream about. If you accidently start thinking about something scary or painful, go back to the breathing because this train of thought will likely lead to a nightmare which will wake you up in a fright.

Instead, direct your imagintion toward your favourite hobby, or spending time with the people you love, or becoming one of the characters of your favourite film (preferably one where you and the good guys win in the end, and the story is really exciting but not a horror, etc).

Dreaming keeps the mind occupied and distracted, so even if something in your environment were to occur that would otherwise wake you, the busy mind might not pick it up. If you live 10 metres from a railway line that runs all night, good luck! Otherwise, no problem. Too easy.

You could try Valerian root from an herbal store. It should be non addictive. Stress can cause sleep disruption, or maybe you had an odd night and now it effecting other nights because you're stressed out during the day.

There is a vitamin called Stress Eaze I get from my grocery store (king soopers) that has B vitamins and valerian root in it. When I can't sleep I will take that for a few nights until I get back on a good routine.

Perhaps some meditation CDs would also help in finding peace in stressful days.

Good luck and I hope you get to sleep soon!

Buy The Step at Walmart.

Before you go to bed, Step up and down 5-15 minutes.

then when you wake up, step again for 5-15 minutes.

After about a week, you will start sleeping normally again.

• Erika

try taking a warmth bath earlier you sleep. also try ingesting small glass of red wine or perhaps as going to sleep attempt to keep your thoughts sparkling, dont imagine of something, frequently even as i imagine i cant goto sleep. Thats fairly a lot all i have been given. wish this allows

That might be insomnia or stress. Try seeing a doctor or taking sleeping pills.. this is all i know haha.. sorry!

exercise in the early evening

no caffeine after 2pm

warm , not hot bath

drink marijuana tea daily. you'll be happy and sleepy at bedtime.

• Matt G

exercise

GET A NIGHT JOB CRANKY PANTS! BOO HOO FOR YOU!SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!!!

anxietyyy

get pills

NOT LEXAPRO they suck im on them