Ebay shill bidding?

Hi my friend got his account suspended for shill bidding becasue we all use the same computer. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get reinstated. Thanks

No, I didnt have an auction, we placed a bid on a local item. The user became unregistered and we placed a bid on the same item from another seller. I used my account and placed a bid on the same item but from another seller. And ebay contacts us and claims we are shilling. I only have 2 feedback. I dont really need the account, I just wondered what the whole thing was about. So for those, i did not try to scam anyone.

Favorite Answer

Shill bidding is a very bad thing on Ebay. THey will usually suspend your account for 7-30days. THen you must go thru a act of congress (filling out forms and mailing faxing them to Ebay. THen they consider your re-instatement). If they do re-instate your account it might be a limited account. Apparently you or someone you know has constently bid on friends items to raise price up. But if you get it reinstated good luck...I have heard nightmares about it...THanks

in case you do no longer comprehend that shill bidding in any style of public sale is against the regulations in any style of public sale, you're able to desire to be tragically basic. On eBay, you will probable the two have your account suspended, acquire a broking's strike or acquire a penalty which prevents you from merchandising products for a definite quantity of time.

What you did was a definite no-no.

Why should you or your friend be upset? Because you got caught!!

If he was that close, then WHY would he need to bid on it when he could just buy it from you direcly?

If it was up to me, you would ALL be OFF P-E-R-M-A-N-E-N-T-L-Y!!

NOTE: In some jurisdictions, if doing the same thing in person, you would both be guilty of a felony if the price went over $100.00!!

lol...so you were selling something and your friend bid on it? Right.