Br asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

What is the "Welcome to the Black Parade" radio edit version like?

Is it just shorter or were some curses removed too?

Favorite Answer

in the intro after thay say " a phatom to lead u in the summer, to join the black parade.." and a couple of guitar, but they don't repeat " WHEN I WAS, A YOUNG BOY..". after a couple of the guitar rhythyms, they go straight to the music. That's the radio edit.

• well, they don't curse at all in that one, unless you consideer "damned" a curse word,..... I seen that they had an edited version at Wal Mart, since they only sell stuff that doesn't have the Parental Adivsory sticker on it... their other songs on it curse pretty bad, well, not really bad, but ther are at least two curse words in each song... omitting Cancer, and Welcome To The Black Parade. But the edited veersion on the radio doesn't play the drum part at the very end. That;s the only edited part there is, I think.

Source(s): oops, I accidently gave somone a thimbs down...! I'm so sorry, I was scrolling upwards, and hit the thumbs down version.... OOPS!!

'Damned' in it's context isn't entirely swearing, so there's no real 'curses' in the song. I heard the radio's version just today, and it just goes from the first and slower 'When I was a young boy', straight to 'Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me', part. It doesn't repeat the heavier second 'young boy' part of the song. That's the only part they cut.

Who cares just get the explict version, it's alot better.

it doesnt repeat the "when i was a young boy" part....