Why is it so hard for me to find friends?

I am a 40 year old woman and can't say I have any real friends. I always made friends easily growing up and in my early years at work. In the past 15 years though I have had very few if any friends and they were short lived because of circumstances. I make a good friend at work and then the next thing I know they quit to work someplace else for varying circumstances (moving, better job, etc) and I never see them again. Working in retail, most of my friends from work don't live in my area and we only see each other at work and don't always work together on the same days. Most of them have spouses and families and other stuff so they don't have time to get together when we both might be off and they never have offered anyway. I feel so isolated. I live in a bad neighborhood and have horrible neighbors (gangs, and other lowlifes) so I'm not going to meet anyone in my neighborhood and I don't attend church anymore (not that I ever had any friends at church in all the years I attended

I can't attend church either because I work on sundays most of the day and can't get out after dark on the weeknights either. I just can't seem to make and keep a friend anymore. I don't get in conflict with anyone, just circumstances keep me from getting any close friends before they are out of my life.

Favorite Answer

My mom is 50 and was in the same situation, she joined a couple singles groups and now she is always talking about going here or there, she has a more exciting life than me and I'm 20! She went through the church I believe, but they don't do churchy things, you could also check google for singles groups and find one in your area that fits your personality...good luck

i think maybe you should move to a better neighborhood

an apt complex is a nice place to meet people, since everyone lives so close together

could also try finding friends on the net

and online dating services too

you probably dont have friends because your a loser....jk. its ok though, most older people dont have really close friends, like most of my parents' friends are my friends' parents. does that make sense? anyways hit up a few clubs or bars or something i duno...

Source(s): my extreme wisdom =]

hey u cn email me keelfbeel@yahoo.co.in

try Udate if youre not married..