Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

If you masterbate does that count as being sexually active?

If you finger yourself is that the same thing as having sex?

• momof3
    Favorite Answer

No, it does not count as being sexually active. The term sexually active refers to having intercourse (which would involve another person). And, no, fingering yourself is not the same as having sex.

No it is not the same. If you masterbate you could be sexually active, but if it happens because you finger yourself and masterbate it is not sexually active.

To masturbate is to stimulate your nerve endings. Now, having repeatedly sexual intercourse with a partner is a different story - and having more than one partner would only suggest being sexually active.

Masturbation is also another form of learning about yourself; what ever makes your moan and groan - should be told to your partner who will be able to completely stimulate you. Don't try too many toys for your pleasure, as a tool is never the real thing. Don't forget that when you do decide to have a human partner to use protection!

I am an adult woman in my 30's and I have NEVER been asked that question. You should never be asked that question at that age. I could see a doctor perhaps asking (after you are sexually active) if you are having any pain during masturbation as well as sex with a partner... NEVER for a physical or unprovoked.

I think that masturbating can be considered as a form of being sexually active.

However, fingering is definitely not the same as sexual intercourse.

Saying this with serious intentions, to get a better idea of effects of a penis versus a finger, use a dildo. Assuming you (or someone esle) are a virgin, I would suggest a modest size to begin with.

Source(s): www.adamandeve.com

Nope. But then again . . are lesbians considered to be sexually active? Good question. I would say not though as there is really no exchanges of fluids and you can't catch any STDs. So, from a medical standpoint, probably not.

• Dale

Yes and no. Yes you would be having sex with your self, but usually what "sexually active" is reference to as having sexual contact with another person. If your reaching an orgasm at least you know that your sexual "active" in the sense that you sexually capable.

No, it's not the same thing.

Sex is one word to describe many things. Intercourse and masturbation are completely different things.

You are also not at risk for STI's. When you do become sexually active, you're likely to enjoy it more, since you already understand your body. Go for it!

• ambi

it is a sexual act even if it is done alone. Bill Clinton tried to say he did not have sex with that woman because they did oral. I guess it depends on the definition of sex.

NO. Sex is defined as vaginal sex. That's when it counts. If a doctor asks if you are sexually active, please refrain from telling him what you just told all of us. That's not what he's talking about.