Engine swap for a 1999 Dodge Intrepid?

I have a 1999 dodge intrepid with a 2.7L, 200hp engine. I want more power and lots of it. Are there any engine swaps i can have for this car or any other ar modifications i can put on it to have a very huge increase in hp and have the part made specifically for the 2d generation of dodge intrepid.

Favorite Answer

If you truly want power, I would suggest getting a 3.0 mitsubishi out of a 2001-2003 sebrings. These put out considerably more power and are great engines.

• carguy

If you can find a 3.5L from a 98-04 model, that would be best. It's really your only option with that car. The hp gain is fairly modest, but it has a lot more torque. It is also far more reliable.

• Shauna

the only problem I know of with the 2.7L specifically is sludging in the oil passageways. This problem IS CAUSED by poor maintenance! try to get records of oil changes and types of oil used. if you buy it, change the oil EVERY 3000 miles or 3 months (which ever comes first) and used the oil recomended in the owners manual (grade and wieght). I would recommend Havoline for the first oil you put in it simply because it has the highest detergent content to clean out the oil passageways.

it's front wheel drive, forget it, put your money in a new charger with rear wheel drive.

supercharger! from mmmoopppaaarrr!