Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I'm female, 15 years old, 5'2" and weigh around 120 pounds, am I overweight?

Favorite Answer

yes, but still all good

I think it truly depends on your build and body type. If you want to generalize yourself in societies standards then you might come up overweight on some charts and not on others.

I would look at yourself in the mirror. Is you skin firm and healthy looking? Do you have cellulite? Do you exercise? Do you listen to your body? Do you eat healthy?

It isn't so much about weight as it is how you look and feel about yourself. The main important thing is you investigate how healthy you are and by whose standards? If you spend a lot of time eating at fast food joints, you'll eventually see problems with your skin, hair and weight. Not to mention that fast food joints don't care how fat or skinny you are.

I say get healthy and in good proportions, exercise and your body will go to the weight it should be at.

Here is a website you can check into on a regular basis for all kinds of diet, nutrition and general health information. This man is a doctor and investigates the information he gives out. I trust most of what he says.

Good luck and be happy with yourself! :)

Source(s): Mercola.com

Nope. I'm the same height as you, and when I was in shape(in the Army, no excuse or reason to be out of shape:P), I weighed between 130-135 pounds. You sound like you are at just the right weight for our height(I have a stocky build, so I held the weight a little better than most at our height).

Depends on which perception you care for the most. Yours? Or the nationally set guideliness of what is and what is not healthy weight.

You sound like you're fine.

If you're worried. Have a physical. You'll get a health assessment and take some blood. Not only is fat a tell tell sign of health but also you blood. A physical will tell you what is a healthy weight for YOU instead every 5'2 female in the nation.

No you're at a normal weight. The normal weight for someone that is 5'2 is between 105 and 130 lbs. Check out my source for verification if you want.

At your age you shouldn't worry about your weight unless it is an actual health issue. There are better things to worry about.

You may be overweight. Stress can sometimes lead to this. With the right diet and excercise you can achieve the recommended weight. Every person is different so just check out webmd.com and in search box type "recommended body weights for women".

Source(s): www.webmd.com

Sounds perfect my wife's 5' and 170. Shes a lil plump but I like crurves don't be so self consience you got a life time for that.

No Mam Youu Arent.

If you think your overweight go to seventeen.com and use the BMI calculator. BMI is a ratio of your height to your weight. I dont think your overweight. I hate girls that do that "OMG IM FAT" Its like "d***, broken record!". OMG<>Chill! Your not FAT

No -- using Prevention's BMI (body mass indicator) at 5'2" and 120 lbs. -- you have a BMI of 21.9 -- normal is 18.5 to 24.9

Source(s): Me -- 40 yrs -- 5'2" and 135 lbs -- BMI 24.7

No. You're not.

If you're 15 and concerned about your weight, you may want to see a therapist about body-image issues.