Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Naomi R asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Is there a pill splitter that cuts in quarters rather than halves?

Yes, I know that one can cut the pill in half, then turn it around and cut it again. However, the pills I have are so small and my fingers are not as nimble as they used to be and I have trouble cutting the halves. And I thought it would be much simpler if there was a splitter that would do the entire job in one whack. It seems to me that it would be simple to make -- instead of one blade, it could be a blade in the shape of a cross. But I've never seen one. I thought perhaps someone else had seen one. Maybe there isn't one. But thanks for all the answers.

Favorite Answer

yes yes yes there is use the same splitter and cut the halves in quarters!!

• ayoub

Pill Splitter Quarters

• DNA

Not that I'm aware of. I just use a pill splitter and cut them in half and then break the halves in half. Yes, one may be a little bit bigger than the other, but if you are taking the other half the same day you are getting the same daily dose.

you use the same on..

just turn the cut pill 90 degrees and cut it again.