Engine swap for a 96 Eagle Talon?

I currently have a 96 Talon 2.0L 5speed with a 420a engine in it. Can I do an engine swap with a 92 Talon TSI AWD automatic?

Favorite Answer

Yes, the engine will fit. I cross checked part numbers on the 92 and 96 on Alldata. Although the part number for the short block has changed, numbers on internal components (such as balance shafts and timing gears) match. You will have to transfer all control components, as these cars have very different computer systems. You can't change transmissions, though.

Source(s): I'm a 20 year ASE Master

eagle was a division of chrysler, so possibly any engine chrysler made in 1995 would fit, but depending on how much work you want to do, and how much cash you got you can fit any engine you want into it. I am eventually going to make my 1997 Kia rear wheel drive and put a Chevy 350 in it, lots of work ... yes, lots of money... probably.. having the only rear wheel drive, 9 second 350 Kia Sephia in the country.. priceless...