promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Jack S
Lv 5
Jack S asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Ever get the feeling that reality is not quite what it seems to be?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The statement is more true then it seems, if one turns towards the issues that arise from string theory that is. This theory states that there exists 11 demensions, the four that we percieve being x, y, z and time. Then beyond this there exists the other 7 unknown and non-percieved.

Source(s): For any that know nothing of string theory PBS' Nova has a great presentation of the idea. here is the link to the program: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Reality is what is now. Fantasy is something that isnt quite like we want it to be. THe sun might be shinning and that is reality. Life as we look at it sometimes is fantasy but when reality strikes you know its real. I love these questions as it makes reality a truth. When you cant face reality then it becomes a fantasy as in you cant face the truth of reality.NO reality is what it is .. cold .. hard facts that we have to face in life and its is what we make of it. You either accept it or bury yourself in fantasy ..Get a grip and face it head on.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. I'm pretty sure that all the things that we think we know of as being reality, are just a front or a camouflage for ultimate reality, which is far more complex than we can comprehend in our physical dimension. I think that the self we know here and now is merely a fragment of our total entity, which exists on many different planes or dimensions and of which we get flashes now and then in dreams, fantasies and deja vu.

• 1 decade ago

Yep .. all the time.

The World seems "unreal"

We see things in the world through a spectrum called

visible light. While " out there " could be a being who

sees the world as through a spectrum of X-Rays. Wouldn't

we both see two different realities... and how could one

be more " true " than the other?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

what is reality but an assurance that we r here at this time living feeling feeding or is it a long dream and what we call death is actually an awakaning of our soul the true form that we r

• Batty
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It began on the day that I understood that our realities are individual to each of us. I will never know your reality, and you will never know mine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, I have never had that feeling. A physicists friend of mine says he feels like that all the time in pursuit of quantum theory.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

being an almost modern hippie i say yes.

reality is a strange thing. one min it can be this then the other it can be completely diffrent. but, everything works out for a reason.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on who manufactures it.

Mind you, after a few drinks, anything is possible.

• Ontol
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

All the time, but y'know what trouble's me more, is how to get out my cell!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.