Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

how do you reinstall a backup?

I went in windows xp and made a backup on another disk .I backed up my entire drive now if I get a viris how do I put it back .It had me make 3.05 floppy for it .I was wondering if I caught aviris and had reformat my drive how would I put it back.copy and paste or what .How does this work

Favorite Answer

Hi, if you used the backup method provide with windows xp you use that same method to restore what you require from the backup. You simply follow the instructions. Instead of clicking backup you click restore and select what exactly you require of if it's everything then select it all. You click on the + to expand the folders to select a specific file or folder you require. You can choose to restore to the original location or an alternate location.