Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What can i do to cure my anxiety w/out taking narcotics like xanax and w/out taking sucky pills like zoloft?

social anxiety problem

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I dont have a Ph.D in Couseling matters but I would encourage you to speak with a medical doctor and ask them what your options are if you dont want to take medications. Some things I would recommend include drinking hot tea, excercising regularly, keeping a healthy dies, not abusing recreational drugs, writing in a journal, meditating and involving yourself in a regular hobby or sport. Good Luck.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Zoloft for me was a life saver! While pregnant 5 years ago I developed OCD Obsessive compulsive behavior and It worked wonders. I am still on it along with a anti anxiety medication. Not all meds work the same for everyone so you might have to experience a few different ones but If it does work you will feel so much better. Good Luck

• 1 decade ago

There are a lot of other things you can try besides zoloft. If you tried it and didnt like it then try another one. I have tried paxil, lexapro and wellbutrin. paxil I didnt like, lexapro was alright but wellbutrin works for me. So you really need to talk to a doctor and check out all of your options and different doses. Also I just try to relasx and think about things slowly, count to ten and take deep breaths with my hands on top of my head

Source(s): www.webmd.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Xanax is not a narcotic its a bensodiazepine. Try diet and exercise, go out with friends.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Meditation?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey, why not check out this site:

http://www.cureanxietydisorder.com/cure.html

It has helped many people stop panic/anxiety attacks....

All the best...

• celi
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

well you pass the first test knowing you have a problem, three you got to start trying to judge people before you talk to them three stop judging your self too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

work out, it releases endorphines and seratonine, just like Zoloft

• 1 decade ago

vodka

• 1 decade ago

VALIUM!VALIUM!VALIUM!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.