What can i do to cure my anxiety w/out taking narcotics like xanax and w/out taking sucky pills like zoloft?

social anxiety problem

Favorite Answer

I dont have a Ph.D in Couseling matters but I would encourage you to speak with a medical doctor and ask them what your options are if you dont want to take medications. Some things I would recommend include drinking hot tea, excercising regularly, keeping a healthy dies, not abusing recreational drugs, writing in a journal, meditating and involving yourself in a regular hobby or sport. Good Luck.

Zoloft for me was a life saver! While pregnant 5 years ago I developed OCD Obsessive compulsive behavior and It worked wonders. I am still on it along with a anti anxiety medication. Not all meds work the same for everyone so you might have to experience a few different ones but If it does work you will feel so much better. Good Luck

There are a lot of other things you can try besides zoloft. If you tried it and didnt like it then try another one. I have tried paxil, lexapro and wellbutrin. paxil I didnt like, lexapro was alright but wellbutrin works for me. So you really need to talk to a doctor and check out all of your options and different doses. Also I just try to relasx and think about things slowly, count to ten and take deep breaths with my hands on top of my head

Source(s): www.webmd.com

Xanax is not a narcotic its a bensodiazepine. Try diet and exercise, go out with friends.

Meditation?

Hey, why not check out this site:

http://www.cureanxietydisorder.com/cure.html

It has helped many people stop panic/anxiety attacks....

All the best...

• celi

well you pass the first test knowing you have a problem, three you got to start trying to judge people before you talk to them three stop judging your self too.

work out, it releases endorphines and seratonine, just like Zoloft

vodka

VALIUM!VALIUM!VALIUM!