HELP ME PlEASE!!!!!?

my brother punched me in the stomach(older bro), broke the stereo(my mom says she can fix it) threw napkins everywhere, locked me in the basement, wouldn't stop screaming so now i can

how do I get my older bro to control his behavior, he is 17, and much much stronger than me, but he has physically and mentally abused me my whole life I can't take it any more, I occationally get very depressed because of him

Favorite Answer

tell your parents, call the police if he hurts you physically.

Your brother shouldn't be allowed to get away w/this behavior. If he's physically and mentally abused you your entire life, why hasn't a family member done something about that by now???

Do you have an uncle, or some other male family member with whom you can discuss this? You deserve a home in which you'll feel safe. You don't mention a father.

Aside from calling the police, can you find an agency or organization that will help you, like one for domestic violence?

But let me say how sorry I am this is happening to you. Your mother should be doing something to protect you and herself and any other siblings if there are any.

Call family child services immediately and explain your situation. Your brother has a serious problem and this will affect you the rest of your life and only escalate if you don't do something. Ask them what services they have available. One of you needs to be removed from that home. Ask them if you are in your rights to live with a relative. Talk to a school counselor but explain you want to know your alternatives before you make a report so his abuse in permanently stopped. You could even get an injunction against him. Hide a tape recorder and put it on when he abuses you and keep it as evidence. Keep a log of his behavior and abuse. Have proof of the severity of the problem. List any witnesses. Good luck and please get out of there or get him out of there permanently where he can see a mental health professional and get some help before his life is also totally ruined.

I would call that an abusive brother. I think your parents should not allow this type of behavior in the house. In fact, he needs to be out of the house if he is a violent person and could cause some harm to you.

What have the parents done to help him?

I agree with the big stick theory. Maybe you know a guy who's bigger than him that can put him in his place...say, locked in the basement? If you have to, call the police, although they are usually not much help in domestic situations.

you dont have to take that your brother has an anger issue and your mom isnt helping things acting like she can just fix things she needs to take control of things before someone gets hurt bad if that dosnt work you need to go to the police and tell them whats going on

Listen. It is very important for you to speak to an adult you can trust. You are not supposed to live with this. If you let your teacher, pastor, aunt, friend, friend's Mom know, there has to be an adult that can help you deal with this situation. Do what you must to preserve and improve your life. Good Luck.

• Ivan

Discuss it with your parents (you probably have tried this before). Then avoid him at all costs, don't go into any discussion with him or ask him for anything. Leave when he enters the room.

If it leaves blue marks, go to the emergency room and tell the doctor that it was domestic violence.

Tell your parents about it, girl! If that doesn't work, stand up to him! Your a girl, right? He can't hurt a girl. If your parents see you getting hurt by your bro, they will ground him for a year! Best of Luck!

does your mom know how he treats you?!?! my relationship with my lil brother is kinda like that, and I get yelled at for everything because i'm older.... Sit down and talk to your mom tell her to talk to your brother tell her how you feel try talking to your brother as well he should be more mature for his age.... if none of that works get a counsellor... maybe they can help you.... Good Luck

Happy New Year :D

it sounds like he needs 2 c a professional or talk 2 somebody cuz i got quite a few big brothers n i wish they would do something like dat cuz they tail would get kicked out da house or worse