What is an intellectual experience that has mattered most to you?

Favorite Answer

When I realized that I was against the death penalty because of a quote from The Lord of the Rings about how Gollum shouldn't be killed.

Meeting an Officer who tells the truth about what is going on in Afghanistan since US withdrew 77% of US troops out of there to send into Iraq, a country they have no right to be in - unless invited or asked by Iraq... and they weren't !

Instead, they left UK/NATO troops grossly under-manned and under-resourced in Afghanistan - the country allegedly known to harbour and train terrorists that NEED to be dealt with, to such an extent, many soldiers do not even have a basic flak jacket for protection let alone body armour !

The depth of our Presidents job! There are sooo many critics and opinions and yet, he steers the boat for the rest of all who are involved for their best interest. Their freedom of speech has not been stiffled. It just amazes me how many people can have soo many ill informed opinions without regard to knowledge and/or training. My opinion is, get informed and educated before casting ignorant blame.

When I realised I had to start working to realise that I am not this present body but instead the driver of the body. Every time we take a new body (reincarnation) we take up a new identity with different nationality and/or different gender.

Source(s): Read Bhagavad-gita As It Is 2:13

I believe it was while reading something by David Horowitz and realizing that my days of being a Leftist were over...................it was intellectual confirmation of a personal revolution I was going through.................it was great

divorce....

smartest thing i ever did