How can you take nasty scuff marks off of the sides of fake leather white shoes (flats)?

I only wore them once!! Will soap and water work? I need to fix these particular white shoes as soon as possible. No time to replace them so I need advice on how to clean these cool little cheap shoes of mine!!

Favorite Answer

Try an eraser -- just your standard on the end of pencil one might work ....

Those Mr. Clean Magic erasers are wonderful

Many years ago I got big black scuff marks on the sides of my pretty white shoes. The only thing I could find to remove them was plain nail polish remover. It worked great and saved my shoes.

Soap and water won't hurt. Especially if they are fake leather. Then try a white shoe polish to cover any marks that are left.

Lemon Extract (right out of your kitchen pantry) on a cotton ball will remove the black scuff marks. It will also remove the scuff marks off your floors without scratching the floor. Hope this helps..

• Abby

Try 100% ammonia (it really works for most stains on leather gym shoes). Soak a piece of cloth (100& cotton) and scrub off stains.

If you go to the Martha Stewart Website you'll find the answer. I recall a show where she gave shoe cleaning info, but don't remember the answer.

I use a Mr. Clean eraser on my granddaughters shoes it works wonders.

Try using the hand lotion aloe type thing :] And put a little on the spot and scrub it off with a moist towel. It might work.

I would try Mr Clean magic eraser. It cleans up white sneaks really well.

Put them in the wash!