Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can you take nasty scuff marks off of the sides of fake leather white shoes (flats)?

I only wore them once!! Will soap and water work? I need to fix these particular white shoes as soon as possible. No time to replace them so I need advice on how to clean these cool little cheap shoes of mine!!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try an eraser -- just your standard on the end of pencil one might work ....

Those Mr. Clean Magic erasers are wonderful

• 1 decade ago

Many years ago I got big black scuff marks on the sides of my pretty white shoes. The only thing I could find to remove them was plain nail polish remover. It worked great and saved my shoes.

• 1 decade ago

Soap and water won't hurt. Especially if they are fake leather. Then try a white shoe polish to cover any marks that are left.

• 1 decade ago

Lemon Extract (right out of your kitchen pantry) on a cotton ball will remove the black scuff marks. It will also remove the scuff marks off your floors without scratching the floor. Hope this helps..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Abby
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Try 100% ammonia (it really works for most stains on leather gym shoes). Soak a piece of cloth (100& cotton) and scrub off stains.

• 1 decade ago

If you go to the Martha Stewart Website you'll find the answer. I recall a show where she gave shoe cleaning info, but don't remember the answer.

• 1 decade ago

I use a Mr. Clean eraser on my granddaughters shoes it works wonders.

• 1 decade ago

Try using the hand lotion aloe type thing :] And put a little on the spot and scrub it off with a moist towel. It might work.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would try Mr Clean magic eraser. It cleans up white sneaks really well.

• 1 decade ago

Put them in the wash!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.