Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Is my weighting scale accurate if i stay in an apartment thats upstairs.?

I have a digital scale in my bathroom at home. When I got on the scale this morning, undressed, it said 154lbs but when I went to the doctor's office the scale there said i was 151.5 and that was with all my clothes on. Do I just need another bathroom scale or is it because I stay in an upstairs apartment. My sister thinks its because i stay upstairs, I think its because I need another scale.

Favorite Answer

doctor's use calibrated balances which are more accurate.

home scales work on a spring so the weight it is measuring contributes to the accuracy.

use your home scale to tell if you're weight is going up or down, it will be good for that. but you'll have to use the balance at the doctor's office to know your true weight.

You need a new scale! The gravity is the same 20 feet higher. If your sister doesn't believe it take your scale down stairs (do it while you are dressed) and it will be the same. It might be a tiny bit higher though because of your clothes. Also if you just got out of the shower and your hair is dripping wet it can be a little higher. The point of this answer is to get a new scale!

living upstairs has nothing to do with ur weigh. hers why. u can stand on a high place, example a bridge. an drop a large rock in one hand and a small rock inthe other hand at the same time let them drop, an they both will hit the water or ground at the same time, because gravity pull here on earth, is the same all over the world. so u c living upstairs has nothing to do with ur weigh. i would buy another set of scales,but dont bye a digital scale.

Source(s): im an emergency medical technician for 16 yrs.

no longer possible for us to tell. i do no longer understand how nicely calibrated the two scales have been. in my experience, as long with the aid of fact the batteries are sturdy, i detect the digital scales to be greater precise than the different scales the place your weight strains up below the arrow. the main precise style of scale may be the variety cutting-edge on your surgeon's place of work or the wellness membership the place you will desire to alter the little weights till the bar balances.

The gravity is different when you are upstairs.

A lot of people don't realize this, but that's why Howard Hughes stayed in his 63rd floor suite. He only weighed 17 pounds up there.

Yes, honey, you need a new scale.

• Ms. Q

it depends is there anyway that you can check your scale to see if it is balanced