Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Why do men feel like they're only men if they work themselves to death?

I have been married for 10 wonderful years to an amazing man. He does all the around-the-house stuff like shoveling the walks, raking the lawn, doing the dishes, etc, etc. It's like he doesn't feel like he's been a good husband unless he's non-stop working. We have a gorgeous healthy son, and my husband keeps him clean, fed, happy and spoiled. Do you think he's trying to overcompensate because I make more money than he does? (We both work full-time.) Advice appreciated. Am I just married to a workaholic?

Favorite Answer

Allot of men are just programed to work like that.It helps keep their mind clear and focused.Chances are one or both of his parents were this way also and that is where he got this from.

I do the same thing and my kids pick on me all the time telling me I'm just like Grandma working all the time.

Sounds like he is a bit of a workaholic. In this situation, it is not a bad thing because he focuses his energy towards the betterment of the family, and more importantly, he is a good father to your son. He is probably the type that gets bored easily and needs to keep busy. Be grateful that he isn't the other type of workaholic, that is, he spends all his time at work and pays little attention to the family.

He may feel a little that he has to compensate. I always think it's is a bit unspoken that if one makes more than the other that the other should make it up somewhere else... not necessary just nice. My husband is pretty much the same way but he's slowed down and relaxes a lot - since I told him should cut out the extra money side jobs 'cause they were taking away from our personal time.

You are blessed' Sounds like your husband was raised by someone who instilled good work ethics.I am the same as he i was raised knowing that if i wanted something i had to work for it and i am called a workaholic. We cant lay on the couch and do nothing when there is chores to be done it literally will drive us crazy.The best advice from me' a man just like him is to let him know you appreciate him and never ever let yourself come to expect these things from him .

Spaniards are adult men -- the pageant in basic terms maintains b/c human beings do no longer sue. all and sundry can participate w/o signing 10 waivers of criminal duty. it can be a litigator's moist-dream if we've been to convey something like the working of the bulls to the states. And we are meant to have self assurance we are "unfastened?" final time I checked, freedom includes the luxurious to make dumb judgements...regardless of if which means discovering a effective lesson w/ a Brahma's horn up your a$s.

• zether

wait a minute, let me get this straight, your husband does the dishes and other things around the house and you are on here complaining about it?

is something the matter with you

why is it that women always complain

they either complain cause their man doesnothing around the house

or they complain because he does something around the house

quit complaining, keep your mouth closed, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, don't ask questions, just smile about it, thats all

Source(s): go figure, never satisfied

Sounds like he is a workaholic

Source(s): common sense

Just be happy, sounds like a wonderful man you got there.

Huh... is this the most you have to ponder about your marriage? How relevant is your income ratio to his, and is it really that important? It sounds to me that he appreciates a well maintained environment and is willing to do whatever he can to achieve it. You make no mention of him complaining about it, count your blessings.

I think he is one of those people who have to keep busy...they are always on the go...be proud girl a lot of men dont do things like that_