lilshawdy asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

what can i use on my hair to help it with my split ends since i flat iron it every day(african american)?

I always put grease in it but it doesn't seem to help but to keep it from being frizzy.

Favorite Answer

The best thing for split ends is getting them clipped. Split ends that go un cared for only split further and further until it breaks off all together. Applying heat to your hair eveyday is probably whats breaking it off to begin with. Try not applying heat 2 ur hair everyday. After washing , blowdrying and straigtening the first time, try wrapping your hair to have it styled for the next day and use the flats only to "touch up" if necessary.

Also, try using ceramic flats as oppose to the old metal plated ones. and in addition there is : Fantasia IC Heat Protector Straightening Serum. Its like a protective covering on the hair that allows the heat to penetrate enough to style but not enough to damage. its not thick or greasy and wont weigh down your hair. I use it and it works great!

Source(s): experience as a stylist in the past & being a woman with hair of her own!

try some leave in conditioner called 'smooth and shine leave in conditioning creme' its in a grey bottle with a bright pink lid and after you straighten it try john Frieda's frizz ease secret weapon (in a grey bottle) And since you are daily damaging your hair with the iron regular trims are in order, like 1/4 -1/2 and inch every 6 weeks will be a huge help. Another thing that helps protect your hair is the heat tamer spray from tresemme or nexxus, spray your hair lightly before blow drying and before ironing. Try deep conditioning your hair too every week or two, i notice a difference when i use those 3-minute miracle conditioners every so often. PS you can get all that stuff at walmart or target, now if you really wanna pay a bit more at a salon try something called biosilk- a little goes a long way

Use Kemi Oil. They sell it at every hair supply store. Make sure you start using it after getting those ends trimmed sweetie. Grease only slicks stuff down and wears off. You need oil to be nutrients to your ends.

Source(s): I have hair to my butt.. thats in perfect condition and im a black woman

first get your ends trimmed b4 they get 2 bad n have 2 get ur hair cut n second DO NOT FLAT IRON UR HAIR EVERYDAY nstead flat wrap ur hair so when u unwrap it ur hair will already b straight n use olive oil hair spray n grease cuz its healthy 4 ur hair n its lite unlike grease which weighs ur hair down

• Jen G

Have the split ends cut off

I know of a product that is awesome for your hair.It's called Tokara it's a product from a company called Noevir go on line and look it up.I am a consultant for that company there products are the BOMB-DIGGITY.If you ever use it you will never go back to anything else.There shampoo is awesome too.(africian americian also)

Source(s): life

well for me i always use some kind of grease and you should get it trimmed sometimes to get the dead hair off and then your hair should be healthy

trim your hair every 6-8 weeks and dont flat iron it everyday it will damage your hair and use cocunut oil

Source(s): me

Wish you a happy and prosperous new year.

check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:--split ends

http://geebal.blogspot.com

do not use products that have mineral oil or petroleum as their primary ingredients. try to use 100% pure oil like jojoba. i couldn't find it in stores. i had to order it off of the internet.