Why does it take so long for a package to get from the US to outside the US; like the United Kingdom?

The post office will say for a certain price it will get there in a week (very expensive) and for another price it will take up to 6 weeks (not much cheaper) either way it usually takes 6 weeks or longer. The post office like to rip people off and I'm not kidding. I sell on ebay and its just not fair to charge people who live outside the US a fortune for shipping when it takes forever. The package will leave the US within a day or 2 and then when it reaches outside the US, someone is really dragging their butt. I know it doesn't take a mail ship weeks to get there. Anyone else had a problem like this??

Favorite Answer

I have friends in the UK, sent them a package, same thing happened to me. They say it will take x amount of time, it really takes 3 or 4 times longer. No point in paying extra, it is no faster.

• lot

i'm German, married to Air tension energetic accountability and we are engaged on my Visa good now too. the subject is that whenever you get the Immigrant Visa, you may desire to get it activated at an American Airport interior 6 months! in fact you may desire to shuttle to the states, get it stamped after which you're good. With the militia we are in no way confident whilst the time includes depart and flow someplace else, so as that they'd't somewhat make you reside interior the rustic. perchance they shouldn't tell them, that they are staying for yet another 6 years. yet i'm able to promise you that that money is long previous. as quickly as they denied something, the money is long previous and you may desire to start yet back! It sucks, in spite of the incontrovertible fact that this is actual. as quickly as we are carried out, we paid purely approximately one thousand$ for mine. so enable's wish mine gets authorized!!!

they can get a package to united kingdom in 3 days guarranteed or your money back, if you really need it to get there fast.

but it costs anywhere from $45 to over $100 depending on the weight of the package.

but for important things, I think it's areasonable price

• Dee

Not really, and I guess because it is traveling over-seas, that's why it is taking so long.