If it is silly to claim you "know" God doesn't exist, is it equally silly to claim you "know" God does exist?

Why aren't we all agnostics?

Favorite Answer

I would not categorize either view as "silly", as some sort of case can be made for either view. But I consider the case for to be quite weak, and since it cannot be disproven it follows that any belief in god is useless: it can have no consequences in the real world, and hence would be a waste of time.

It is silly because You don't "know" if he exist or not! I know he exist because I feel it in my heart but that is not an explanation I am sure you were looking for. I follow the bible because it teaches us to be good people and to not do bad things to others. Put it this way...Wouldn't you rather believe that God exist and follow in the good ways and later find out there was no God when you died or would you rather waste your time believing he does not exist and do what you want with your life and find out he does?

Although I usually refer to myself as an atheist, I probably am more of an athestic agnostic. I certainly don't think there is any evidence for a god or gods, and I find the idea fairly ludicrous.

I don't know for a fact that no god exists, I just think the chances of it are extremely low, so for all intents, that is the same as knowledge.

I do however know for a fact that God of the bible doesn't exist, I am talking more metaphorically of gods in general when I say I am open to convincing evidence.

I only claim that I do not believe a god exists. That way, if others wish to believe in a god, I can still respect their belief.

that is Satan's GREAT LIE:

God does not exist.

There is no proof that God exists.

You don't need God anyway.

You can handle things on your own.

You can be your own god.

you can exploit your sinful nature and create your own gods to worship.

Why let some God interfere with your having what you want here on earth.......

There is no God.

But, there is a God.

God does exist.

I know He does exist because His Spirit lives within me and leads me and guides me.

"The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14 (New International Version)

as He promised.

Yes, each is equally preposterous.

We aren't all agnostics because most people are too insecure for it.

I don't begruge them that.

No you whole question is inane all CHRISTIANS know God exhists and know a lot about him which is more than can be said about yourself there is no rational reason to doubt his exhistance Gorbalizer

Source(s): The Bible common sense

I know he doesn't and don't feel silly at all.

No

Some people have personal experiences they can't deny.

Stop using reason. It makes my head hurt.