Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Does belief in god represent abnegation of intelligence if not complete abiosis?

Favorite Answer

Definitely. Religion starts where the brain stops....

Have a nice day...

The exact opposite is true...intelligence and wisdom are expanded exponentially....To abnegate, a person has to be more foolish not to believe that Somone designed even the cells in your body. Micro eveolution did occur, variations of species! Only intelligent individuals can comprehende that fact.

Interview of Stephen Hawking - Austin American Statesman article 1997...

Biblical Basis For Modern Science by Morris

Hidden Wealth by Ray Comfort

Evidence For the Defense by Josh MacDowell

I want to make sure you don't go away empty handed: A REWARD is being offered to anyone who can prove Evolution happened as Darwin's theory states. Go

To http://www.raycomfort.com and link to Dr Hovind!

Probably not. Intelligence has not been shown to be antithetical to holding deistic and otherwise spiritualistic philosophical viewpoints.

Indeed the confluence of the religious and the scientific yields a pansophism superior to the meager understanding of one without the other.

It's sad to live in a world where one, either science or religion strains unyieldingly to etiolate the other.

In the words of the great and wonderful Pooh.... "Oh bother".

• Erika

Intelligence and practise frequently bypass hand in hand besides the actual incontrovertible truth that there are certain exceptions besides as splinter skills. consequently suggested please note that establishments of larger getting to understand began with religions. They were those that depending the unique universities and faculties of larger getting to understand. They were those that translated and compiled non secular writings and many times clinical writings. They were the first sources of understanding. Your significant non secular leaders are the most knowledgeable and frequently have extra degrees than those in a good number of of the different chosen fields of diagnosis. in no way debate with a theologian of any faith because you'll loose.

I believe you are better at answering,than asking,sorry but i believe you deserved at least one answer for knowing the word abnegate.

(Proverbs 26:4-25) Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

(Pro 26:5) Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

PERHAPS you have never read what GOD says about Himself? Here it is......!

(Isaiah 55:6-to-11) Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

(Isa 55:7) Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

(Isa 55:8) For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

(Isa 55:9) For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

(Isa 55:10) For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

(Isa 55:11) So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Thanks, RR

Yes. As evidenced by a previous responder, who submitted a pile of Biblical quotes, not realizing that the argument is worthless because it is circular. You cannot use the bible to prove itself.

nope.

and, frankly, it often results in extreme ataraxy. goodbye, you onychophagists!!

god bless