I have sharp knee pain on the lower outside of both knees.When I get on my knees it feels like needles stick?

When I kneel down on my knees I get real sharp pains like needles sticking me.

Favorite Answer

Why would you need to be on your knees? Try a different position.

I am a doctor of Asian Medicine. It is my experience that the bones in the lower part of your leg are likely to be slightly subluxed. What would be ideal would be to have a practitioner of Tibetan bone adjustment take a look. If this is not possible then try to find a Chiropractor who is very gentle or better yet an Osteopath. If this is not possible try this: get yourself a slightly stretchable Velcro strap and attach it around your leg just beneath the knee itself in the anatomical position that it settles best naturally (when moving the leg). Make sure it is not too tight. This can be ascertained by observing the tissue directly under the strap after about 3 or 4 minutes to see if there is any redness or indentations in the tissue. If not, it should be good. This measure has a corrective feature that takes a couple of months to begin retain the change. When you take off the strap at night (should not be worn during sleep) the leg will feel a little wobbly. This is normal. To make the corrections permanent, you must at the end of the day when you remove the strap, do several minutes of very gentle range of motion exercises that extend to the borders of movement. These exercises must be done with 2 criteria: 1. they not be done in any fashion that causes or increases pain; 2. the motions must be done as if you were reaching (with your leg) as if you were going grab something just slightly out of reach.

Further to above:

If you have not gotten this pain from an injury (and you would know it right away, because it would hurt right away) then it is still likely to be bone displacement. If you are not sure, you do not need to get (the more expensive and longer wait list of) an MRI or CT scan, you can have a special xray of the joint done. Normally xrays only show bones, but there is a type of xray that the doctor injects a (safe) radio active isotope, into the knee joint that allows them to see the soft tissue. - Your knee will feel kinda like a soggy runner - (a bit squishy). That will pass within a few days & will not interfere with function. What ever you do, if there is no torn menicus (or other soft tissue), realize there is no need for surgery! Get the xray & if all is well, try the strap.

Best of Luck,

Shi Hsin Yao Hai

PS: If it is just soreness from overexertion, try some massge using "MSM " cream, that has no heating agents in it. Such as cayenne or wintergreen (also called capsicum & methyl salysilate).

Source(s): 18 years training as a doctor of Asian Medicine, with a specialization in massage, medical chi-kung and bone adjustment.

Repeatedly we injure ourselves and keep on doing what we were doing, when we should stop and listen to our body. We some times take our body's bone-structure for granted. We'll bang our elbow and think nothing about it. We'll hit our knee and then rub it, then it's too late. Sounds like an injury that has just come to the surface. You'll need to see an orthopedic specialist and request an x-ray or MRI of your knees; then you'll have an idea whether there is a meniscus tear or just arthritis in it's first stage. I was athletically inclined for years, then one day - I accidentally hit my knee on a drawer at work and within days, my knee cap swelled up and I was unable to walk. When I went to the doctor he informed me that I had a meniscus tear. This injury kept me disabled over 6 months.... So, don't put off seeing your doctor, as time is of the essence.

I have the same thing, though I haven't spoken with my doc yet. I have my own theory. Perhaps it is lack of joint fluid between the two bones. When this happens there is no "cushion" for the bones. Another might be that the cartilage has worn down. Obese people seem to suffer from this more as there is excessive weight for them to carry, and not to mention Athletes also. Arthritis may be the cause, but I am not sure if arthritis is supposed to hurt this bad. I suggest getting in to see your orthopedic doc.

idk how old you are, but i had the same kind of pain, and its sometimes a condition called OCD, osteochondritus defficiency. you should relle get it checked out...fast