please help?

does any one no if its possable to take a fathers name of the childs birth certificuit?i have a 1 year old son and his dads name is on the certificut,my son also takes his sername aswell as mine,me and the father are going threw a messy break up mainly because of the way he treats my kids and the things he says.he changed into a nasty man and would never trust him with my kids.his name on the cert was a BIG mistae now im worried he may try and get my son.is it poss to take his name off the cert????

also im sure some of you may say that if he is that bad the law would be on my side ect but ihave no proof what he is like only my word and i no courts do not go on the word alone

Favorite Answer

as to whether you can get it wiped off the birth certificate, that would vary from state to state. Some states won't let you change anything on it, like gender for example.

You're stuck with it, in my opinion. You can't change the father.

I really dont think you can remove fathers name from birth certificate.If you fear for your childrens safety,then you may be able to get a restraining order to keep him away.

You probably should check with the court house(victims -advocate).Make sure you get primary custody of your children.Call a lawyer to see what your rights are.

• nickle

check with legal aide if you cannot afford an attorney on your own and see what needs to be done.