Monster asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Is milk bad for a dog?

My dog is 3 years old and she loves milk and i give it to her all the time is that bad?

Favorite Answer

Pretty much yes, dogs are lactose intolerant. Some handle it better than others but its best not to try. Most supermarkets sell a milk designed for dogs if you want to give them that.

3 year old dog, seem like he still a puppie. Just give him milk some of the time but mostly water, cuz milk build up waste on your dog. Milk can also make your dog get over weight very easily. Try to push him away from milk and give him water~

Moderate amounts of milk will not harm your dog, they do make special milk for dogs which will make it easier for your dog to digest, As long as your dog seems to handle the milk fine. Also milk can cause intestinal worms if given too much or if they can't digest it properly. I'de just be on the look out certain dogs handle milk in different ways.

Source(s): Vet in training

If your dog handles it well and doesn't have bad tummy / runny stools, then it is perfectly fine.

I love when people say "no you should never feed that to your dog it will make them sick" when you've clearly stated that you give it to her all the time and, presumably, it isn't bothering her or I expect that you'd have mentioned it.

Moderate amounts of milk will not cause any long-term damage to your dog whatsoever.

Your dog is not going to drop dead from drinking a little milk but I would try cottage cheese or plain yogurt instead they have enzymes that can help their bodies and make their coat look great on top of it, feeding them a raw egg also works.

I do this once a week for my pets.

I owned a dog kennel..

For my own German Shepards, I gave them milk with a raw egge beat up in it.. Once or twice per week.

This made their coat very shinie..

Just do not over due it.. Two or three times a week should not kill them.

They do need water more than the milk.

You have a nice new year.

U can get food for u're dog with yorget in it which is better than milk actulley my dog likes that

• deb

All dogs love milk...but I read that most dogs are lactose intolerant. I think it cause runny stool.

Milk can give a dog diaria.

I don't think milk is bad, but should should still ask a vet. I know chocalate is bad for dogs.