What is that undergarment called that makes a skirt big and fluffy looking?

What is that undergarment called that makes a skirt big and fluffy looking

Favorite Answer

Its called a hoop. You can also purchase a a slip with mesh that will make the skirt/dress big and fluffy. Some retail/department stores still refer to these types of slips as a can-can. Trust me on this, I had to purchase one for a bridesmaid dress that I was wearing.

That undergarment is called a Crindle Slip. It makes your skirt or dress stand out and look very full. My parents use to buy those for us to wear under our dresses.

A crinoline. (http://www.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/crinoline...

I've worn one of those a couple times. (My Mom has 2 of them from when she was a teenager... a white one with MANY layers that's really puffy and a baby blue one with just one layer with ruffles at the bottom. Her's are made of netting and are terribly uncomfortable, plus they snag your nylons all the time!!) I used to play with the puffy one as if it was a ballerina tutu when I was a kid and I wore it once under a poodle skirt costume.

I borrowed a really nice cotton layered crinoline from the seamstress friend who made my dress to wear under my highschool graduation dress in 1992.

A hoop skirt actually has wire hoops in it that holds it out in a constant circle. They're tough to sit down in.

Petticoats have a ruffled bottom edge and are sometimes expected to show a bit under a skirt. (http://www.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/petticoat...

Hope this helps!

• Iris

Like under a poodle skirt from the 50s?

That's a crinoline.

A slip, petticoat or some people call it a crinoline...There is also a hoop skirt slip.

Hey, I am sorry you are getting a lot of people making fun of you and I am sure the real reason you don't want to disclose for the reasons of how these people are acting. I would try some other brands or maybe ask your doctor about this. I would also try wearing bigger pants just a little baggy and not that noticeable but I am sure its not and you just feel weird about wearing them. PLEASE IGNORE THE OTHER PEOPLE MAKING FUN, ITS NOT YOUR FAULT.

• Tweet

It's called a crinoline or petticoat.

petticoat n trust me i tell u i had 2 wear one n a play they itch BAD

a petticoat

tool