Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Why is having a wedding ceremony such a big deal to most women?

I am 34 and my fiancee is 33. She wants to have a ceremony. I don't see the point. We have been together for 4 yrs. I just want to go get it done but she thinks i think it isn't special. If she wasn't special enough I wouldn't marry her to begin with so whats the big deal. why not save the money for other things.

• Ellie
    Favorite Answer

To most women a wedding ceremony is important. It's the whole idea of making a public declaration to everyone,friends,family,and other women,that you want her and much as you want her. To most women,if a guy doesn't want to make a public declaration of his love towards her,she'll think something is up with it. It's all about being a princess for a day,and meaning the world to someone else. Don't see it lightly and don't try to put down her thoughts,because in all reality,being with someone for four years is a long time,and you should want to do that. you don't exactly need a big wedding either. Girls just want a weddng in general.

I remember planning my wedding before I was 10, and I think if your fiance is anything like me and many other women, she was the same way. It's the Prince Charming fairytale, the 'whisk me away and make me the happiest woman' kinda dream. I've seen many little girls marrying off Barbie and Ken, so don't be too hard on her. Why can't you meet in the middle? She wants a big wedding, you want a quickie wedding. So why not the local park or rose garden in on outdoor ceremony, which can be less expensive and just as romantic. Discuss your feelings with her about it, but don't negate her feelings. She wants your input but wants her way, as do all women. Good luck.

I feel for you. My fiance and I are getting married at the courthouse, and I hated the idea of a ceremony. I don't like a lot of people or wasting money just to get dressed up and feed a bunch of people I don't like. Most women like big ceremonies because they are focused on the wedding and the attention, not the marriage, and you might wanna watch out. After the wedding, they get the blues because they spent all their energy on the ceremony, and now they just have the marriage to work on. Just letting you know what I've seen with women like this.

It's like she has found her Prince Charming and she feels like Cinderella. Maybe the two of you can go to Las Vegas or Disneyworld or Disneyland and get married there in a SMALL ceremony but make her feel like a Princess

Source(s): sometimes girls just want these things

When I got married I got married in a chapel. Me and the hubby weren't dressed fancy or anything and all that mattered was that we were together. Honestly, I couldn't see me and my husband spending thousands of dollars on a wedding when we could spend the money on other things.

women start planing there wedding day from the time they start playing with barbie..we all love a romantic fairy tail and your wedding is the only day of your life you get to be the princess. Let her have her moment and you will make her happy beyond your dream...

It's our childhood dream our fantasy of having that special day and being that princess even if it is for the day. But it's our day...the day you men make us your queen. You picked us to live you life with forever. And when you tell us you just want to get it done and over with you make us feel like we are worthless to you. Give it to her, allow her to be your queen and dress up so that she feels more than just on cloud nine. That is one day - special day that we will never forget. Fancy or not it is special.

I have no idea. Why wouldn't she want to elope? It's much more romantic and far less expensive. If I ever chose to get married (and they couldn't cure the mental illness that brought this choice on), that's what I'd do.

• if im goin to b honest it is every little girls dream when growing up to have a big cermoney. and i mean its suppose to b the best day of her life so why not let her enjoy it i mean ur clearly the one she love else she wouldnt b marrying u

Your fiancee just wants to let everyone know how much she loves you in front of your family and friends.