sky72285 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Losing Weight This Year!!! Has anyone used Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig or another weight lose program?

I need to lose weight and have tried several diets and can't seem to stick to them. I am busy during the day, I usually skip breakfast, fast food for lunch and when I get home I just want to eat and relax rather then counting calories. I am joining a gym so I will be exercising more but I have a really hard time sticking to a diet. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

I swear by Weight Watchers. I have been on it for about 8 months now and I am now down 72 lbs. The flex plan they offer is very effective, and you are learning how to lose and keep weight off. You are not being sent processed food that you have to pour hot water on in order to eat it. (Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig)

I have tried them all. Weight Watchers has given me a new me and a single digit dress size. :) From 14 to a 2.

WEIGHT WATCHERS. That's the way to go. I joined Weight Watchers last year and lost 68 pounds. It is a fantastic program. What makes it so great is that you can eat anything you want. A point value is assigned to specific foods. You are allotted a certain number of points per day based on your weight. You choose how to use those points. For example a coke is 3 points. So is a boneless, skinless chicken breast. You decide, coke or chicken. It is truly a great program. It is the only program I know of that teaches how to change the way you eat. Studies have shown that Weight Watcher members keep the weight off for a longer period of time that other weight lose programs.

Okay well in grade ten I was 180 pounds, 5"7 height male. Started working out seriously and lose 30 pounds in 3 months, and now I am in grade 11 and weigh 160 pounds (gained 10 because I put on muscle and grew to 5"10). I ate 1400-1500 calories daily when I was shredding, with lean foods high in protein such as (chicken, turkey, tuna, almonds, and etc.), got my daily fiber, essential fatty acids from things like (olive oil, eggs, Omega3-6-9 capsules), and had only 1 high calorie meal once a week. That nutrition plan + my HARD *** weight lifting sessions (done at home - with body weight, and resistance bands) + High Intensity Interval Training (Sprint 30 seconds - Walk 30 seconds) repeat for 30 mins, spending 20-30 minutes on heavy bag, and playing basketball almost every day got me down to 150 pounds.

• tina m

Studies have shown Weight Watchers is the better program because it teaches you how to eat. I have a friend who lost 90 pounds in less than a year doing the Weight Watchers program and she looks great.

• Dionne

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

Skipping meals lowers your metabolism and your body stores fat.

Eat several (5-6) small meals a day...your body will burn calories faster and build your metabolism in a short period of time.

(eat about every 2 hours)

The first 8-10 pounds you shed is water...after that you will lose an average of 2 - 3 lbs per week

Meal suggestions:

piece of fruit

string cheese, summer sausage, cottage cheese/yogurt

tuna/turkey/ham sandwich (lettuce, tomatoe optional)

soup

raw veggies

boiled eggs

popcorn

Always eat a good dinner...meat, potatoes/pasta/rice, veggie...your body needs carbs, protein and vitamins to stay healthy

Low calorie sweets...ginger snaps, fig bars, 100% juice popsicles

Drink plenty of water

Drink milk or juice/water with every meal (no soda pop)

Stay away from munchies, fried & fatty foods.

Never eat before going to bed.

Cardio exercise is great, or joining a gym but most people don't continue for an extended period, do "daily" simple exercise like walking/hiking, biking and swimming which are low impact, play games like basketball, baseball, or volleyball, they will help to lose weight, tone your body, make new friends and you'll have fun doing it.

I lost 105 pounds in 6 months. Here is how I did it.

1. Every morning get up and walk for 45 minutes. You can start with less time, but you want to get up to 45 minutes, and it must be fast walk. You want your heart rate to go up. It must be in the morning, it kick starts your metabolism.

2. I cut out Red Meat, and fatty foods. Boneless skinnless chicken breast, baked, or grilled, rice and vegetables (steamed).

3. Eat half. Just eat half of what you normally eat. Put 1/2 on your plate, and put the rest away. Cook less. When you go to fast food, get salads only. Or grilled chicken. No fries, only diet soda. Or water.

It will work, once you get into a routine, you will get hooked on the results, and you will keep the routine. It has been over a year for me.

A sight with some really cool diet calculators and interesting calorie counting calculators is here. Check it out.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

Check out my before and after pic at my yahoo 360 page

http://profiles.yahoo.com/gorillamyke

Stay motivated, and get up and walk every day. I seriously lost all my weight starting off my day on my walk.

Good LUCK!

I have a friend who tried a diet food program. She had great results, but it was very expensive. So, she watched what foods were served and the portions, and started buying them at the supermarket, and preparing her own meals. Not to mention saving a lot of money. So I recommend trying one for a few weeks, keeping a food journal, then adjusting your personal shopping list.

I lost 43 pounds on Weight Watchers. It's fairly cheap, and once you get the hang of it, easy! Good Luck!!!!

edamame soy beans are a great low cost snack look for them in the frozen foods section