Why do some people have such issues with people having more than one child?

I mean if you love them and can support them why not have as many as you want?

Favorite Answer

Many people are concerned about having more than one child because of issues with their own siblings or realizing how hard it was for their parents to raise them and their siblings and don't feel like going through that themselves. Belive it or not, some families barely want to go through the effort of raising one child so they hire tons of nannies and stuff, so they see no reason to have two. Personally, I think that all families should have 2-3 children. I think only children have a harder time in life, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I totally agree. I have 3 kids and I've had people make jokes to me about having soooo many kids, like I have a litter or something! And even if I did have enough kids to make my own football team, whose business is it of anyone elses, so long as they're all provided for? All my kids have what they need- 2 loving parents, food, clothing, shelter, and if we are to have any more, they would have the same needs met. It's not my job to make sure everyone else is happy with how I live.

I think people should have at least 2..and if they can 3 or 4. I don't have a problem with big families, but sometimes people do go overboard a bit on the baby-making.

Have you seen that show on the Discovery Channel? The couple who has 17 kids? That's where I draw the line. Actually I would have drawn the line at number 5 or 6.

I don't know why people do either. But it makes me mad.

My Grandma had 14 kids. (First she had a miscarriage, the doctors told her she'd never be able to have a baby. Then she had 14...) and they were all fine. They are fine now too. No one in the family was deprived of anything at all.

I am hoping for at least 7 kids. And I don't think it is anyone elses business. All my kids will be fed, have beds, clothes, be loved.

Some people just think that what THEY think is what the WORLD should think. They are ignorant.

I don't have a problem with people having more than one kid... What I have a problem with is people who can't afford it and never tried to prevent it, or people who just have so darn many they can't keep them all from running out in the street and almost winding up on my windshield. Or people who say we can have kids and the government will help pay for them.. That's what I have a problem with... Whew.. glad I got that off my chest!! Thanks!

I think it's every couples choice to how many kids they want.

We have 2 but I want one more then I'll get my tubes tied.

If I were rich I'd probably have 4 or 5 but I'm not so 3 is it for me!!

I agree with your statement from a western-ers point of view. But for people living in third world countries or densely populated countries, then its easy to see why you this type of restriction would be put into place.

• ?

Good children are the future.

If you love them and can support them then all power to you. Don't let others tell you what to do. Maybe they are jealous and obviously ignorant to your situation. If you are happy then don't let others bring you down.

Source(s): Happy New Year!!

I never heard of such a thing! It's none of their business. You can have as many as you want!!!!!!!

It's the simple things of "mind your own business".

You are going to have them, raise them, support them.

Go Nuts if that what you want!

I'll even give you a head start (here's mine - HEHEHE)