promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does anyone know of a quality FM antenna booster for home use?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Visit a radio shack they have a couple fine boosters you can choose from.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Antenna boosters are OK as far as they go. But they are no substitute for a simple outdoor antenna that you can buy for a couple bucks. If you already have an outdoor antenna and are trying to pick up a distant station, keep in mind that your FM radio signals don't travel as far as AM. Anything beyond the horizon (50 or more miles) just will not be heard no matter what you do. FM signals don't fade in and out like AM, they get 'captured' by the receiver and sound OK, or they don't and you don't hear anything. You might be surprised that by changing the location of the antenna just a bit the station suddenly pops in.

• kizzee
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

If the product does as marketed, it appears like a floor situation to me. Is it a threat you attached the floor improperly, or that it broke contained in the plastic protecting (so it is not seen) even as you have been setting up the booster? inspite of a booster, while you're no longer close to a metropolitan area and additionally you get sturdy reception with the antenna totally prolonged, purely return the booster, with the aid of fact that is probable what that is going to take. if so, it quite is a commerce-off between aesthetics and audio ;<) that is approximately it from me. Gearbox will probable see this question and if he does, pay interest - he understands certainly one of those stuff. -a guy named duh

• dude
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

yes. they have one at radio shack. i don't remember the name. my neighbor just got one. it is in a green box. sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.