Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

Virtual memory minimum too low?

This lil balloon keeps popping up saying that. Also it says that it is increasing the virt. mem. paging file??? My question to that <<< is if it is increasing it, then why does it keep popping up? Lol!! Is there a way to fix it? Also my PC is running super slow and freezes a whole LOT!! Please help!?!?

Thanks in advance,

Sheron

Paramount, Cali

P.S.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

<3<3<3<3

Favorite Answer

Ok, if you have windows, please do the following : ]

Go to Start Menu> right click My Computer > select Properties> click Advanced tab> then you should see a area with a button that says Settings under the category Performance, click Settings> another window opens, select the Advanced tab>the last box down says Virtual Memory, click the Chang button and increase the size.

There ya go, GOOD LUCK!

OMG Lol i just read what other people said, I was a computer tech for 7 years, just follow my instruction sweet heart : ] its not spyware

Sincerely,

JasonXiao,

Leader/Found of Team ColorBlind

http://colorblindcs.net/

You should increase it yourself.

Go to control panel - system - advanced - performance settings - advanced - virtual memory settings. Change your paging file to about 2x your ram size. You should also get more ram.

• Troy

You have too many programs running in the background. Click run on the start menu,then type msconfig.turn off the things you don't need running all the time & it should help alot.When you install any program that you don't want running on start up don't select add to start up. ;)

• Z

Sounds like you need more memory.

Virtual memory or virtual memory addressing is a memory management technique, used by computer operating systems, more common in multitasking OSes, wherein non-contiguous memory is presented to a software (aka process) as contiguous memory. This contiguous memory is referred to as the virtual address space.

Performance tips

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308417

I would suspect SPYWARE. I recommend that you go to http://www.download.com/ and get AD-AWARE and SpyBot Search & Destory. Install, run, update and scan your computer with both programs.

Good luck and Happy Computing!