Improving SAT Score?

I took a course over the summer, which raised me about 250 points, 1750 on practice tests.

I bought a book to help me improve my score even more, but I've been lazy to look at it and read it. I will try to do about 10 minutes everyday, or even more; however, I have finals coming up so it will be tough to manage my time [ I'm currently taking 2 AP and 2 Honor classes ]

I will be taking my first REAL SAT test on Jan 27. Is it possible to raise my score to 1900 - 2000+ within this amount of time? I hope to go to school at UC San Diego or UC Los Angeles.

PS I also plan to take it in March. So could I improve more by this time as well?

I'm a junior, but i have the other SAT dates planned for SAT2s. the only chances i have are jan. and march.

Favorite Answer

Dude... Get into the book!!!

I took an expensive SAT course, which only improved my score ~150 pts. Then, 2 weeks before the test I (for the first time) opened the collegeboard SAT book, and with 1 hr/day, my score went up another 220 pts. SO don't skip on the book!

Well, if you are a senior, there's not any point in taking the test again, as the admissions committees won't get the scores in enough time. Well, they might be able to use January, but definitely not March. If you are a junior, you still have plenty of time to improve, so don't worry. You could study over the summer and raise your scores a ton in the October test.

You can boost your score up in no time flat on the SATs if you have a lot of room to improve. I went from an 1840 to a 2010 in two days of studying, nonstop. I even ditched school for those days to study. If you go over the basics, get a 12 on the essay (easy to do), do really well in grammar if you study for that (easiest thing to impove on), study math a little, and critical reading is kinda hard to study for. Anyways, you can easily boost your score up from 1750. How is your GPA for UCSD and UCLA?

Source(s): I'm a senior in high school and have already applied and taken the SATs 3 times.

I don't think you have enough time to really boost you're score alot for the January one, but for the March one its possible. Working by yourself out of a book might not help that much if you're not really dedicated. I'm sure the practice will help you but if you really want to boost you're score up, I would recommend taking another class or getting a tutor. Some places I've gone to or my friends have said are good are: Compass, Princeton Review, and Elite.

Hope this helps.

If you focus on improving your reasoning skills, you should be able to score in the 2000+ range.

You can definitely improve your SAT score. Don't worry, I also had problems with the SAT and didn't score well at first. I recommend studying with the GuideParadise SAT guide - http://www.guideparadise.com

Using it I improved my score by 460 points from 1700 to 2160.

Let me know if you need any more help!