promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how do I change my yahoo email address?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can't change it but you can sign up for a new account.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Sorry you can't change the one you already have, but you can start a new account instead.

• 1 decade ago

You can delete your old/current email account & get a new one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

DELETE YAHOO! ACCOUNT??

>click here first

https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_use...

>enter your password

>follow instructions

Ask Yahoo! Account Help

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/acct/howto/acct_2...

Terminating your Yahoo! account does not alter or delete your Yahoo! People Search listing, which you need to edit or delete yourself.

If you are subscribed to any premium services, we recommend that you first cancel those premium services before you delete your account. If you do not delete your Premium Services before deleting your Account, you will continue to be billed for your premium services. To cancel your current subscriptions, visit Yahoo! Billing Information for your account, choose the "My Services" tab, and click the "Cancel" link for each subscription.

Yahoo! members can remove their own accounts and account information from Yahoo!. Please follow the instructions below to initiate the deletion of your account.

By terminating your account, you will lose access to your Yahoo! ID, Yahoo! Mail, and profile names. We will also delete your account data and settings across the Yahoo! network. This includes any contents in:

- 360 Page

- Yahoo! Mail

- Yahoo! Address Book

- Yahoo! HotJobs

- GeoCities

- Yahoo! Briefcase

- My Yahoo!

- Yahoo! Groups

- Finance Portfolio

- Any other area of Yahoo! that can only be accessed with your Yahoo! ID and password

Please be sure you want to delete your entire account as you will not be able to reactivate it after the account has been deleted. You are always welcome to sign up again for a new account.

Terminating your Yahoo! account does not alter or delete your Yahoo! People Search listing, which you need to edit or delete yourself.

If you are subscribed to any premium services, we recommend that you first cancel those premium services before you delete your account. If you do not delete your Premium Services before deleting your Account, you will continue to be billed for your premium services. To cancel your current subscriptions, visit Yahoo! Billing Information for your account, choose the "My Services" tab, and click the "Cancel" link for each subscription.

To remove your entire account, please visit our Account Deletion page. You will be asked to sign in to or verify your password for the account you wish to delete. Please be sure to read the next page carefully, as important information about your account is included. You can then confirm the deletion of your account.

If you're having trouble signing in, you can get password help on the password problems page.

Please complete the deletion process only if you are certain you would like to remove your entire Yahoo! account and any features you have personalized within the account. After the deletion process is initiated, your Yahoo! account can never be recovered

NEW YAHOO! ACCOUNT

Instead of 'Sign In', 'Sign Up' in the sign in page (Yahoo Home page).

http://www.yahoo.com/

Or click on this>

https://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_regis...

Yahoo! Mail

Creating a Second Email Address On Same Yahoo! ID

http://chatauthority.com/yahoosecondemail

Yahoo! Mail allows you to have two email accounts on the same Yahoo! account and lets you create the extra email address for free. You can use it exactly like your primary address, and get messages sent to both addresses delivered to one Inbox.

Creating the second email account can have its benefits. If you're a Yahoo! Chatter you may chat under a profile name on the same account, not your main Yahoo! name, and would like to have an email address associated with that profile name. If you share an account this will allow each person to have their own Yahoo! emails or you can create an email address you both agree on.

Depending on how your Yahoo! account is set up will decide on what steps you will need to take to set up the second email address (or a main email address, if you do not have one). Below are different ways to set up an email account.

*Yahoo! Main Account Name, No Email Address Set Up, No Profile Names...

If you did not choose to have email when you were creating your Yahoo! account, log into Yahoo! Mail. You will need to fill in first name and last name (doesn't have to be your actual name) and click Create Free Account. You now have an email address for your Yahoo! account. If you want to have a second Yahoo! Email account, please see the next section... Yahoo! Main Account Name, Email Address Set Up, No Profile Names.

*Yahoo! Main Account Name, Email Address Set Up, No Profile Names...

Log into Yahoo! Mail with your Yahoo! Account Name and password. Once in Yahoo! Mail, click Options in right upper corner. Under Management click Mail Addresses. On this page you have Mail Accounts and Extra Mail Address. Under Extra Mail Address is [Get Started] [Tell Me More]. If you feel the need to read further click on [Tell Me More}. If you're ready to create your second email address, click [Get Started].

You can create your second email address two ways...

You can enter a name under "Create a new Yahoo! Mail Address" and click Check Availability.

You can choose one of the ones Yahoo! suggests under "Select one of these" by clicking on the round radio button and then click Choose.

As per Yahoo!... once your've choosen a second email address, you can only change it twice within the next 12 months.

*Yahoo! Main Account Name, Email Address Set Up, Profile Names...

Log into Yahoo! Mail with your Yahoo! Account Name and password. Once in Yahoo! Mail, click Options in right upper corner. Under Management click Mail Addresses. On this page you have Mail Accounts and Extra Mail Address. Under Extra Mail Address is [Get Started] [Tell Me More]. If you feel the need to read further click on [Tell Me More]. If you're ready to create your second email address, click [Get Started].

You can create your second email address three ways...

You can enter a name under "Create a new Yahoo! Mail Address" and click Check Availability

You can choose one of the ones Yahoo! suggests under "Select one of these" by clicking on the round radio button and then click Choose.

You can click on "Show me my profiles..." and select one of your profile names by clicking on the round radio button and then click Choose.

As per Yahoo!... once your've choosen a second email address, you can only change it twice within the next 12 months.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.