am i too old and girly to start acting?and be taken seriously?

im 18yrs and i moved out to LA to go to fashion school but thats mostly for my parents .what i really want to do is act. I look for stuff on craigs list and i've done a few things but im just afraid i have no talent. I try so hard and i love it and im willing to dedicate myself to it. I took actings classes in high school, but i was never in the play things cuz i couldnt sing and i wanted a lead so i found it pointless for me to try out. But i feel like 18 is too old like i should have started as a kid... but my parents were against it =( ugh. I talk very vally and im blonde and i feel like theres so many of the same girls like me out there that i wont stand out or get taken seriously. I've heard that i should try teen agencys like tampona nd clean and clear commerical. and i'd LOVE to do that but i dont know any legit agencys. any1 know any?

Favorite Answer

remember to act is just like real life!so donnot give up,you might surpise yourself!

Source(s): me
  • Linda

18 or 19. It depends on the person how they hold them self, how they talk, how they back up a statement, how they present them self and Maturity. You are only 16 and every 16 year old goes throw this. You think you know everything. Your parents think you don't because you don't have much life experience and you are still a kid to them. If you speak to them calmly and don't get upset when they don't listen to you. They will see you are mature. But if you Flip out because they don't see it your way they are not going to take you seriously. Does that make sense. bottom line you need to be mature to be taken seriously. I have a little brother and he will always be my little brother no matter what. He is 21 but I still see him as being so young. He is not. So your parents just are not ok with the fact you are growing up.

• Iris

18 is certainly not too old.

You should definitely consider taking acting lessons (high school doesn't count). You can take voice lessons to improve your singing.

If you're serious about pursuing this career, try to join a community theater group. Stage acting isn't the same as film acting, but it's good experience and will help you gain confidence.

You're not too old to start acting and your personality doesn't really matter because you act like whatever the character is...

I would encourage you to take some acting classes because it's an excellent way to get started and also a good networking tool.

Go for YOUR dreams. Not anyone elses. If you want to act girl you better go act. Nothing is more satisfing than having the job you want. Not even being rich. unless that is what you want.

you're never to old to go for your dreams..... Just take acting classes and maybe even a few voice lessons.... go for the gold and do your best...