E_Soup
E_Soup asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

Did you just have kids so you could watch cartoons without people thinking you were strange?

I sure did!

Favorite Answer

There are all kinds of "secret" benefits when you have children! I also get to go to Disneyland every year, and enjoy all the fun rides with my kids! I get to act like a kid, without others thinking I am weird. I work at a preschool, so I get to pretend play all day long without any of my co-workers thinking I am weird, AND I get paid for it!! I also go to college (earning a degree in child development) so I get to think like a kid in college! Kids are great! Being an adult having a kid-like quality helps to keep you young and exuberant. My hubby loves to watch cartoons with the kids on Saturdays too... plus, he loves to beat the kids at video games. Kids get all the cool stuff, so why not spend some time with the ones who keep us young?!

Source(s): mommy and preschool teacher

no i watched cartoons and told people i did. I didn't care if it was strange or not. Now i can watch it with my kids

• nobody

I don't need kids just so i can watch cartoons nobody is gonna keep me from watching quality cartoons like johnny bravo lol

I never quit watching cartoons and now they even have cool cartoon movies! Oh yeah! Happy Feet!

Source(s): teehee
  • carole

I watched more cartoons before I had kids, oddly enough. I still can't wait for them to go to bed so I can watch Justice League Returns...lol! Mine are small and still watching barney.

Peace!

No, I gave up cartoons by the time I was 9. My hubby still loves them though:)

Sounds about right to me. I love cartoons!

Nope- I'm a big girl and I don't really watch cartoons unless it's Simpsons, family guy, American dad, or Aquateen.

I don't like cartoons much at all. Especially the ones they have these days.

So no I didn't have kids just to watch cartoons................

My husband did!

We had a whole collection of Disney Cartoon movies WAY before we had kids.

Thank you for informing me that I wasn't the only one who married a child. LOL