Christian "friends" for life?

I have never really been attracted to anyone before because I wanted to focus on school (I even planned since 6th grade on not going to my prom [I know pretty sad]). Well now I am legal and have had 2 awesome jobs that were offered to me (I didn't even ask for them: one in a Fresno Convention Center and another doing television editing [yes actual tv..local]). Recently I started noticing this girl that works in the media ministry at church who worships God with all her heart and is very conservative in what she wears [another good thing (that should go for all women =/ )].

Well I talked with her parents first, then her and it turns out she likes me too =O. Is it strange that I am willingly waiting on her (which could take years)? I mean I think that becoming a closer friend first would strengthen the relationship for when I actually start courting (if you will) her. Would it be strange to ask her to her prom? (Remember I am a religious man of God so please keep that in mind). 1k char

• Myaloo
    Favorite Answer

This one is between you,your God,and the family. Pray on it.

Me-I would go to prom....

Sounds odd to ask her to her prom, but maybe instead if you let her know that should she be interested in you being her date...

I don't think it's strange to willingly wait, and always a good idea to know each other better first before you take it to a real relationship. Hey, maybe soulmates are real in a way and that's why you are cool with waiting it out and why she caught your eye so much in the first place...

Becoming good friends is ALWAYS a strong basis for a relationship and I think it is great you are interested and willing to wait.

And as a friend, I think it would be great if you spoke to her about her prom. That way she would not feel pressured by anyone, but would have a good friend to go with.

And, if things do not work out as a relationship, at least you have a really good friend.

Since I am a Buddhist, I might have a different perspective but if you like her and she likes you; why would it be strange? The hardest part about asking someone out is not knowing if they like you and whether they will say yes. If you already know she likes you, I don't see that a problem exist.

All you need to do is show her some respect, and respect her beliefs. If you feel that she is the one, then she's worth waiting for. Get to know her a bit first. No one should push you into doing something you don't want to. Even atheists like me have morals.

Wouldn't this be so much easier if you weren't a Christian, and you could just go up to her and ask her out, instead of all this ridiculous nonsense, playing mind games with yourself that only make you feel weird and hung up?

Um, yes. I didn't get what the question was, but I assume you were asking if you should become friends first.

Yes, you shouldn't "court" her like that, that might come across as a bit strong.

• ?

I am unclear in (waiting for Her) is she much younger? Also becoming friends is highly recommended.

• This is the funniest shiit I've read in a long time. Thanks for the laughs.