Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

"The best things in life are free" OR "any experiment of interest in life will happen at your own expense"?

Free stuff really isn't that good. The best things in life take hard work and sacrifice to come by, and will be carried out at your own expense. Agree or disagree?

• amp
    Favorite Answer

Well, yes. The best things in life are "free" in the sense that you can't purchase them with money (these may include love, happiness, pride etc). Of course they are acquired by your own expense of time, effort, perseverence, hard work, devotion etc. The best things in life are priceless and they don't come easy.

I agree that the best things in life require hard work and a lot of maintainence, love, marraige, family, a job, things that make you happy. And I believe that your life is at your own expense. But I think that the things are free in the sense that you don't have to pay for them initially, just later. It's almostl ike a ironic statement.

Must be nice. I had a string of terrible teachers. An old lady who called me stupid as a second grade teacher, yet somehow I had As and Bs. Fourth grade teacher was an alcoholic who came in drunk most of the time. She got arrested for tying up a kid with an extention cord, plugged one end into the wall and threatened to put the other end in his mouth, thus creating her own electric chair. When I got to high school, the teachers were so afraid of thre students, that I didn't learn anything from them I can honestly say I have never followed a guru

No, I 'd have to disagree.....the best things in life are FREE!!! If You spend your whole life busting your butt for everything you have, by the time its all paid off you look up and realize that life has nearly passed you by. I can work my behind of scrimping and saving for a once every four year opportunity to travel to Paris or I can win a free ticket to Paris and then have enough money to go on two vacations that year. Life's little freebies is what it's all about, hard work is like so over-rated...

• Ontol

i agree with some of the statement within the detail.

However the best things in life are free . . . .

Your freedom to walk to your local store, your freedom to say (nearly) whatever to like to the world (on yahoo if you like!)

etc.

Now: you don't pay for these freedoms, and yet without them, you, as we see you today, would not exist.

without certain freedoms that i guarantee you take for granted, you would not be able to "work hard for the best things".

So i guess your question is really one, of how to quantify pleasure, as to my statement, the pleasure in some of the "simple" freedoms are not as great as the pleasure in some of the more advanced ones, but without the simple there cannot be a "more advanced".

Source(s): If i didn't have a car, i couldn't work, if i can't work, i couldn't afford a car . . . . . . .

I feel life is what you make it. Myself i dont require material things. Whats in my heart is whats important.

• amazon

Life sucks you just deal with it.

yeah, i go with the second one.