Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If a guy is named Muhammad, does that automatically mean he's Muslim? Or can he be some other religion?

I heard that Muhammad Ali was a Christian. Or was he Muslim as a child or something?

Favorite Answer

As children do not always follow the faith of their parents (who would have been the ones who give them the name), it is not automatic that they are Muslim. But they probably do come from a Muslim background. Few people of other faiths would be likely to name their child that.

I can go change my name right now to Muhammad and I am not Muslim. Therefore, the name Muhammad does not stick to the Muslim religion. However, he most likely will be Muslim or something close to that religion.

now a days yes cz when some one tell u that his name is Muhammad, the first think that comes in ur mind is that that he is Muslim

but this name is totally an Arabic name

I don't think any Cristian or Jew mother or father will give his son this name

u know these problems did not start from 9-11 they there from along time

it is a strange think cz Muslims give their own sons all the prophets name

so I say that it doesn't mean it, it just never happened...

just for u information many people have :Belal,Aisha,,,as names even though they are not Muslims ,in fact that these names are Muslims names

Likely he would be Muslim........but Muhammad is only a name, so he could be any religion.

Happy New Year!

It doesnt automatically indicate hes Muslim.

• micho

yea of course a muslim

99 out of 100 times he's Islamic.

So is anyone named Mecca, Ramadan, etc.

It is a good indicator he is from the Middle East, although not necessarily Islamic.

It is just a name/label, of course they can be any religion they want.

yes he is automatically muslim