Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Don't you ever get tired of trying to keep up with the Jones'?

I could care less about my neighbor's new car or possessions.

Favorite Answer

We are happy in our own little non jones world.

Keeping up with the Jones', is what we call "coveting" in the Bible, meaning, we are never happy with what we have, what blessing we have already, and wish to have what other people have.....sometimes to even steal it to obtain it. Not everyone can own/have what other's have, and need to just be ok with what they've got.

i think thats a stage people go through.As you mature you learn to accept things as they are,that does not mean you stop trying to get ahead,it only means that you learn to live within your means ans be happy with it....If you have food on your table,cloths on your back and a roof over your head you are blessed

Well I dont have no one around me no Jones or Smiths so all we have is deers and wild turkeys .

• Sass B

It's been even harder to keep up with the Joneses since they started doping.

• glow

Yes.

im not doing that...