lynne asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

which birth control has the least output of horomones?

i currently have the copper IUD and it isn't working for me. i need to get something different but i don't do well with added horomes either. can anyone tell me which has the least amount of horomes?

Favorite Answer

I don't know about LESS hormones, but the NuvaRing gives you a more steady flow of hormones. Unlike birth control pills or shots, you have a slight rise in hormones when you first insert the ring, but then the rest of the month your hormone levels are very steady. With pills you have a daily rush of hormones after you take the pill. My gyno says it is better for those people who have trouble with hormones. It is less likely to make you moody.

Also, bonus - you don't have to remember to take it everyday. Put it in on a Sunday, 3 weeks later take it out for a week, then put another in. You have to remember something once/twice a month. Much easier for me.

Source(s): Sorry I sound like a commercial, but I really like it.

Lynne, honey, birth control works by using hormones. Pills, IUDs, etc. The only ones that do not have hormones would be condoms, a diaphragm, or spermicidal lubricant.

Most birth control pills are low dose nowadays so if you do not want any hormones I would use something else. If you are not wanting children at all then I would just have a tubal or Essure implants and not have to worry about it anymore.

I found that a lot of birth controls made me so moody, one minute I cry the next minute I get pissed off over the stupid things. I found that Tryclen Lo works really well. Talk to your doctor. He can give you the best answer

Nuva Ring is the bomb. Lowerest amount of hormones our there and much better thent he copper IUD.

Estrostep FE has low horomone output.

That's what I use and it's great. Only about $45.

Yaz is pretty low dose. Only .02 mg Estridiol

i recommend the nuva ring. it has a lose dose. plus it's easy to take. just insert it and leave itthere for 3 weeks and out one week.

Source(s): personal experience. for more info go to www.nuvaring.com it also offers a free trial certificate to get your first one free. but you must have a prescription by your dr.

Condoms, diaphragms, cervical caps, and contracepive sponges don't contain any hormones.

Or you can get the boy neutered.

• Steve

abstenance is 1st, condom is next