Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 decade ago

Hi, freshman majoring in sociology, should i minor in Econ, political science, or psychology?

Favorite Answer

What do you want to do when "you grow up"? I'm majoring in Sociology, as well. I have two minors, one in Religious Studies and one in Peace and Conflict studies. I'd like to work with a non-profit organization as a fundraiser/volunteer coordinator, or possibly go on to seminary.

Do you want to go into politics? Get the poli sci minor. Do you want to be a social worker/counselor? Get the psych minor. You also need to consider what would be most interesting for you. What do you enjoy the most? What ever you enjoy is going to be easier for you, therefore helping your GPA in the process.

Another thing to consider is how many credits you need to obtain a minor in these specific areas. You'll want to sit down with your adviser and discuss this. I believe many of the courses you need for Sociology will also be covered in the Psych minor, but it just depends upon your school and the requirements for the major and minor.

Best of luck!

I would say Psychology, but that is only because I already have a Sociology degree and I am getting my Psychology degree presently.

It depends on what you like. You could ultilize all four of them by getting (for example) a double major in Sociology and Political Science and a double minor in Econ and Psych.

That sounds like a good plan, on condition that Psychology and Sociology are heavily appropriate. it could take you 4 years of undergraduate college, even nonetheless it additionally relies upon on how some distance you could choose for to pass on your examine. i'm additionally a Psychology important, and a freshman in college. My college has a 6 3 hundred and sixty 5 days phD application, and because i'm already enrolled in the college, i could in basic terms ought to spend 5 greater years. i'm considering the two going for a phD in Psychology(minor in the two Biology or Spanish) or going to scientific college and starting to be to be a Psychiatrist. given which you're a junior now, I advise you seem up some undergraduate faculties close to you that have good psychology courses. good success!! Psychology is a large field of learn.

You should minor in evolutionary science, so that sociological nonsense is balanced out.

If you plan on actually doing anything with it, I'd minor in Math; and try to get a Math Stats course in somewhere.

I'd go with Psychology, because the two fields are interconnected and you can switch back and forth for jobs if you like.

psychology (I personally think it's more interesting). No, seriously, whichever you are more interested in. Are you more interested in the distribution of goods/money, government structure, or the human mind/behavior?

Whichever one you find to be the most interesting.

i think you sould take a phone and take it o\for 5 cents and a half of a cup of coffee