I have a 19" Widescreen monitor. What is the best resolution setting to use?

I currently have it set to 1280x1024 but some photos look stretched. I used to use 1024x768 on my old monitor. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

depends totally on your video card. If you have a DVI output, getting a 1280 x 1024 is pretty simple. The photos that look stretched... are you using those as backgrounds? If so, the option to stretch is part of the Properties tab for desktop. You may need to resize the photos if you want them to display on a 1280 desktop. 1024 x 768 is really standard and with some games and applications is often sub standard. I have helped set up 40-60 inch desktop screens on Conference meetings and 1280 x 1024 is the minimum expected... off course you have to change something like the zoom for some of the apps might have to go to 200% or more. But 19 inch Monitors have a good response, so long as your refresh rate is just as good, otherwise its hell on the eyes.

• Z

Make sure you have the correct driver installed for your monitor. When you force your monitor to run a resolution that it is not supported, you will get mishaps like this.

But since you have a widescreen, use it to the max and enjoy the benefits! :)

The best resolution is 1280 x 800 pixels, because it will not strain your eyes and it will not stretch your photos.

Have a Happy New Year!