Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

what's the story behind npr's Bob Edwards' leaving his post on Morning Edition?

I know it happened quite a while ago, but I am just curious

please don't waste your life putting in nonsense if you don't know any thing about it. Yes that means you, Matt.

Favorite Answer

Radio host Bob Edwards, who drew millions of listeners to National Public Radio for three decades but was demoted earlier this year, is taking his signature voice to a competing radio universe, according to Edwards and executives of Washington-based XM Satellite Radio.

Starting Oct. 4, Edwards will host his own morning show on a new channel being launched by XM, as the growing subscription radio service makes its move into public-radio programming..Happy New Year..☺

As I recall NPR sought to update their profile. Remember a conservative appointee oversees the editing decisions for NPR. I was terribly disappointed to lose Bod Edwards who wrote a wonderful tribute to Edward R. Murrow.

Probably left to fight Israeli's in the Gaza Strip or the West Bank, I would imagine.