?? ??????????? asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Whats so bad about feeding goldfish flake to tropical fish?

Favorite Answer

Theres nothing wrong with feeding them different types of food! Different types of fish need different types of food, nutrients, supplements, and etc.... I really dont know where you heard about why its so bad though? In other words, if thats all the food you have left, they will survive off golfish flake! Its just more efficient of you use tropical fish flakes!

It's real bad! If your fish isn't a goldfish, then don't feed it goldfish flake! I think to should get food that your tropical fish needs. If you keep feeding it golffish flake, I think it will die.

There is nothing that bad about it. Goldfish flakes are simply formulated for the nutrients that goldfish need the most.

However they are perfectly fine for other fish.

The key to feeding all fish is to get a variety of foods. I typically feed general flakes, spirulina flakes, frozen brine, freeze dried worms, etc. to all my fish. I just vary the foods based on what the fish need. If they are primarily vegetarians I feed mostly spirulina and then just add the others occassionally.

If they are meat eaters then I feed mainly meaty foods but supplement with the others.

Source(s): This information and detailed profiles of over 2,500 aquarium fish along with over 11,000 photos of aquarium fish can be found at FishGeeks - http://www.aquaria.info Get your 2007 tropical fish calendars: Freshwater http://www.cafepress.com/fishgeeks.91944067 saltwater http://www.cafepress.com/fishgeeks.91939978

Different fish need food with different amounts of meat, nutrients, etc. Goldfish flake food may not have all the essential to keep your tropical alive.

Tropical fish are different than goldfish, so they need different food and vitamins. I don't see what is terribly wrong with feeding them that food, but if you want your tropical fish looking nice and you want them to be top quality, I think you shuld feed thme Tropical Fish Food.

the different types of food are just made for different types of fish depending on what type of nutrients each breed needs. Tropicals are different than goldfish.

the fish will tell you if they like it or not... they'll eat it or spit it out.