Xbox CD Drive Won't Open?

I have a moderately new Xbox and a while ago the CD drive stopped opening. I turn it on and press the open button but nothing happens. It sounds like there is some revving from the motor but thats all. The open light flashes for a few seconds then goes solid. I've tried the paper clip trick so I'm not sure what to do. Should I open it up and check out the inside? Any other ideas/tricks?

Favorite Answer

Something might be stuck or the tray is sticky. Check that. If that's not the case, I guess you can open it or get it fixed. But if you choose to open it (I dont reccommend it AT ALL) BE CAREFULL or you might bust it.

that happened to mine about 2 days ago press it about 5 or 6 times itl open