I want to expose my child to really great life experiences. A few that we have come up with on our own include

I want to expose my child to really great life experiences. A few that we have come up with on our own include counting the rings on cut down trees to determine their age and then document important moments in history on the tree. We have also gone on a gem mining trip and learned about the different types of stones we found. I want to expose her to science, art, music, and the basics of different career choices without it feeling like a school lesson. Something fun, simple and creative.

Favorite Answer

BRAVO to you for exposing your children to fun, yet educational experiences!!! Taking your kids to museums and aquariums and planetariums is a great place to start. A lot of colleges and even high schools have classes or workshops geared toward younger students that provide lessons in drama, art, creative writing, photography, etc. YMCA's also do great activities for kids including sports and physical activities. Libraries offer computer workshops and reading programs/contests. A lot of government agencies, ie. courthouses and nursing homes and hospitals, will give young people tours of their facilities with guided explanations of job responsibilities.

Kids are sponges and love to learn if things are presented in a fun and non-challenging way. It's amazing the info they retain and recall when they don't really even consider an activity a true "learning experience". I applaude you in your efforts to seek out ways to introduce your child to learning new interests and exposing them to things that will only benefit them in the future!!!

Take her to a classical or jazz music concert, for music, or take her to a musical. The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is a perfect musical for kids. Take her to nice museums, I don't know where you live, but I know what goes on in LA. We have the Getty out here, and the Griffith Observatory just reopened. We also have the Challenger Memorial Museum or something like that, which isn't called that, but it's an interactive trip to the moon, plus a lesson on the Challenger.

Lots of families do lots of interesting things. I heard of one family that took their three children all across the country for one year in an RV. They were homeschooled in the RV, and one of their lessons was about the places that they were going. You could change it to something more simple, such as a summer tour of the country, or you could go for a year.

I also heard of a family that spent three years travelling the world on a boat. I would recommend taking your family out of the country and really immersing yourself in the culture before you go, and visit the famous sites.

It's so wonderful that you want to do so much for your daughter. Some parents don't even care, and don't even make such an effort, but that you care is truly refreshing. My parents are like this, which has always made things nice for me and my sister. Congratulations. Good luck with your daughter!

That is a great thing to do for your child. I have tried to do the same thing. There is a great book I have used to come up with fun places to take my daughter. It is called 101 Things Every Kid Should Do Growing Up by Alecia T. Devantier. It give fabulous ideas...some are things to let them do at home others are trip activities. When I am drawing a blank we look at the book together and select an activity

A great way to give your child a life long experience and tools for the future is to expose them to a second language. Not only will they be fleunt in another language, they will be able to travel and make friends from different cultures around the world.

Source(s): I live in Canada and some schools offer French Immersion starting in grade 1. My daughter will be able to communicate with other french speaking people where she may go and happen up them. Also, I have 2 cousins that were immersed and are now totally fluent, one is in a french university studying to work with the United Nations.

You are awesome, but you don't need to try so hard. Kids are full of questions. give them self determination by letting the ask and then looking it up together. let their precious minds take the lead and let them feel the power of being an individual with a good brain.

I have learned from my Anthropology studies that children do not need so much protection from reality. Of course some but not so much as Americans think. By being exposed to the realities of life early, many children in other cultures avoid those terrible confusing teens.

Live theatre is a great place to take your kids. My kids still talk about shows they have seen 10 years on.

A good circus can be a real learning experience.

A visit to a cheese factory and a dairy farm is very interesting.

National Art Gallery & Science Museum.

Whale watching tour.

The posibilities are endless you can make them as educational as you like.

The farm is good, there is the zoo, how about an animal shelter you can also teach about volunteerism...let see i have taken my five year old to nursing homes, church, the libary and while you are at the libary see what your childs interest is by the book and then make a trip based on that....indian reservations are great fun also....

take her to the zoo, reptile park, art museums, exhibitions, bush walking, take her to your state library (they always seem overwhelming and historical), I guess you already talk to her like an adult or involve her in adult conversations which is brilliant for kids.

Give her a camera and just let her shoot for as long as she wants, try drama classes or dance singing etc maybe take her to a play or the ballet, circuses are good too, let her try out every musical instrument, take her out in a boat for a day, fishing is good, take her to sporting events and carnivals, fetes, give her a big piece of paper and paints and let her paint til her hearts content

If she is old enough ask her things she is interesting in discovering or learning about :)

oh and try a new food such as indian, chinese, thai etc every week or two weeks

maybe even let her help prepare it if you make it at home

sounds like she is having a great time. have fun!

How about a local aquarium with programs geared towards children that teach about marine life, the ocean and environment and conservation (e.g., tide pool and reef exploration, petting pool, etc)? Or maybe get one of those kids science books and work on some of the projects together.

• ?

How about a trip to Washington D.C? You can take your child to the Smithsonian, the White House, and all the monuments. I think this would be great. I want to take my son when he is a little older.