Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Has anyone ever went to a small 4-year college/university in a small town?

I went to one my first year of college and it was a closed campus, had dorms, even though most students there lived off campus, and it was in Southwest Virginia where I lived. I went there right out of high school and I hated it so bad I went to a community college a year later, and actually liked and still like it better.

• jc
    Favorite Answer

I attended a small private college in a small town. When I was a student, I didn't care much for it, but after I graduated and went to graduate school at a large university, I realized what I took for granted. The school was well organized and offered excellent financial aid. I didn't like that the night life wasn't exactly spectacular, but I later realized that because I wasn't distracted, I was able to finish college on time-- many other people who started college the same time I did took much longer to finish. Overall, in the long run, it was a very wise decision.

I went to a two year college, Arizona Western College in Yuma, Arizona. Then off to Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona. Both small towns both wonderful.

The best years of my life were these years in college and university life. You dont need a huge school to have a great experience. It is what you make of it.

I don't mean to be rude, but the correct way to ask that would be,

"Has anyone ever gone to a small etc etc etc..."

Just so you know.. sorry, don't mean to pick on you. :/