Miss Jessies Salon?

I have been a long time (8years) wet and wavy extension wearer. I'm ready for a change! Something natural. i want to be able to braid it in the future as well. I have 100% natural hair excpet for coloring once and a while. How good is Miss Jessie's? What are the prices like?

Im looking for people who have been to the salon. I'm wondering if its worht the trip to NYC.

Favorite Answer

Their prices, I believe, are in the high $100's on up to $300+. Very expensive. And I believe they charge you $75 to set up the appt(and then you pay the remainder after the services are complete). No walk-ins. This is to recoup from cancellations. They're good, but from what I've heard, they use alot of their(expensive)product to get your hair to look a certain way. I'd love to try them out, but my budget will not permit it. Just don't think I could spend $50 dollars on a 16 oz. bottle of cream, or $200 for a cut. Maybe if it were half the price I would. ;-)

I've heard that Textures, Christo 5th Ave., Devachan, and Salon Bohemia are also great salons for textured curlies. Devachan and Christo's are alittle pricey, but I don't think they're as pricey as Miss Jessie's. Not sure though.

Source(s): www.naturallycurly.com

i just bought the curly pudding and the curly buttercream. there was a buy 1 get one half off on the website. the pudding i believe costs $38 and the buttercream is 50something dollars. the buttercream is an ok moisturizer. i haven't tried the pudding yet. i want to try the fingerstyling method that's on the website. i have natural hair but my last relaxer was july of 2005 so i think that the ends may still be relaxed. i also use stuff from www.curls.biz. the souffle and that shampoo and conditioner from that site works great.