What am I supposed to do w/ bacon grease? I thought you're supposed to save it & cook w/ it.?

What stuff do I fry it in?

Favorite Answer

I'll often use it to:

Fry eggs

Make hash browns

Make gravy

Sauté vegetables

Re-fry beans

Use on anything that you think may benefit from just the slightest taste of bacon. Use it in place of, or with, oil -- depends on your taste. In gravy you use with or in place of butter.

I'll usually filter mine thru a coffee filter prior to storing -- avoids tiny bits of bacon in recipe.

you can fry other kinds of meat with it to give it flavor and also can blend it with oil or vegetable shortening i keep a little in the fridg in a butter bowl with a missmatched lid so i know its not butter then i dump the rest if i have too much but i don't care what any body says keep it in fridg its still meat by product (it makes great fried pork chops unbreaded)

it is good to keep some on hand. bacon grease makes lots of food taste even better. only use a spoonful to add flavor to things like green beans black-eyed peas fried potato's. its great in just about all greens. its even good on carrots. tis how we get the kids to eat them. lol remember, what ever you put it in will make it taste like bacon to some degree...

Source(s): home cookin at home...

You can save it and use it in a variety of things if you want to.If you want to throw it out the best way to dispose of it is to pout it into a glass or metal container and let it harden,then scrape it into the trash can.Whatever you do do not throw it down your drain!It will get clogged!

I put mine in an empty butter/margarine bowl and refrigerate it. I use it in cornbread, biscuits, collard greens, green beans, etc. It's also delicious to fry liver and onions in.

I put mine in a clean coffee can and place in the refrigerator for cooking.

yeah that was what I as told you can cook with it use it like cooking oil a old school told me that.

♥ ♥ its good to fry stuff in and make gravy ♥ ♥

feed it to the birds, mix it with some bird seed. Think of our feathered friends this winter.

i'm pretty sure you can freeze it in a sealed ziploc bag...then use it later when making fried eggs, potatoes such as homefries, or even salad dressing.