Thinking of Saddam Hussain...?

1. I do not support him.

2. I do not like him as much as some people

But here is something I find hard to see

Saddam Hussain is a human. He could have been "99% Evil and 1% peaceful" relating Dr. Suess How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Even tho the Grinch had stolen Christmas he was no 100% Evil because at the end he celebrated because he had some Happiness in him.

Now Saddam was hung on a religous holiday...He was fasting and praying right before his hanging.

I find that wrong in the time of Eid no muslim Suni or Shites w/e

are allowed to be hanged because it is a time of celebration....

Could he not be hung on a diffrent day.

He was relgious

Its basically hanging a Christan man during Christmas

Favorite Answer

I don't feel bad.

I imagine the Iraqi government had a conflict between waiting, and letting more pressure build up before the execution, and doing it during a religious time. They compromised by executing Saddam before dawn, so it would not be on the day of Eid.

It was probably kinder to Saddam to do it quickly, if you want to know the truth. The waiting could be a torment.

Many people become religious when they know they are about to die.

I think most of the people wont understand u and ur point of view. we all know saddam was an evil... but yes, hanging him b4 Muslim festival Eid is very cruel.

In order to make u relax... u can think how Mughals and Mongolians used to have atrocities. The world is too cruel... forget the biggies... we all hurt each other according to the power that we have. the more power... the more misuse.

It maybe a propaganda... but all we can do is to voice what we think.. they r many who can understand us.

take it easy:)

He knew the laws of there beliefs what makes him different then anyone esle in there religion, but I can see your point why not on another day. That goes to show that they are ruthless people,don't get me wrong not all of them,but remember this to they also follow after the old testaments eye for an eye.

It is forbidden to fast on that specific day, so why do you say he was fasting?!!

Saddam murdered millions of innocent people during his life. Have you forgotten the mass graves, the war against Iran, the mass killings of Kurds? The biological and chemical weapons that he used?? ......

Ok, dude, what's your question????

-Saddam killed hundreds of people, why are you feeling sympathy for him? He was a mass murderer. "Oh, poor mass murderer." No.

-Although it is sad for ANYONE to be hung, it was needed that everyone could be sure that he was not on the loose or hiding like Osama. Many people lost their lives, once again, to Saddam.

-I'm sure it wasn't deliberately planned that he be hung on one of his religious holidays. That is cruel, but you have to remember what he did. What's the point of celebrating the holiday if you know you are going to die the next day or a few days later?

-Think a little harder and consider what he did, and WHY he was hung. You are obviously just viewing it simply as 'A poor Muslim man being hung on a Muslim holiday.'

-Next time, ASK A QUESTION please.

They rushed it so Furious George could have at least ONE thing to smile about that happened in 2006. Everything else (loss of Congress to Dems, firing of Rumsfeld, Mark Foley, Tom DeLay, Jack Abramoff, defeat of arctic-driling, etc.) pretty much sucked for him, so the powers that be thought this might make him dance a little bit. Religious observance be dammed, Dubya needed to smile!!

He WAS a human. He's dead dead dead. If you have such a problem with the timing of the execution, send the Iraqi goverment a long letter about it. I'm sure they'll send you a speedy response. They're known for taking care of business quickly.

Keep in mind your compairing an acctual event to, of all things, Dr. Sues. and never, ever compair saddam Hussain to Christians.

i dont care! justice was served and i am so happy he is gone! he dident care about anyone but himself and i am so happy he was hung on a holiday because what ever holiday it was made it even better! HAHAHA HES DEAD! he deserved more than an exicution we should have ung him by his toenails in a theme park and hit him with bats and spit all over his face... yeahi hate spitting but i would spit on him anyday!

at least he is HANGING in there. HAHa I dont feel sorry for him at all, I dont care what day it is, he deserved way worse! I dont see why people all of a sudden feel sentimental about it. He only killed thousands of people and several of those people probably died on holidays too. how would you feel if he took out your whole family..."Oh no, cant hang him on a holiday" Whatever!