Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does anyone else thing that Toyotas...?

are WAY over priced?? I was looking to buy a Corolla or a Camry but they still want around $16,000-20,000for a used one with not very good mileage.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

if u can use the car forever, and indeed this is my 13th yr of my camry. and if i sell it now, it can still fetch a couple of thousand dollars. also a very small maintenance cost year over year. the higher price works out to be pretty inexpensive.

• Ceci
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes they are over priced. I was looking at the Highlander, until I heard that Hyundai totally redesigned the Santa Fe for 07. After doing a lot of research and comparo, I have decided to purchase the Santa Fe. Hyundai has Toyota and Honda looking over their shoulders because the quality of their cars is very good now compared to years past. Check out http://www.edmunds.com/ for more information. I'm not selling edmunds, but they do have an exhaustive web site.

• 1 decade ago

just dont buy the used ones from the toyota dealers lot ,dealers love jacking the price up. with $16000-$20,000 you can buy a brand new corolla or the redesigned camry starting at $18000

• 1 decade ago

a couple of years ago they were overpriced. try getting a brand new camry now for $19 000 or the special edition for $26 000. not bad for a v6 with 260 horse power.sedan very roomy and comfortable. try looking for new models they even have the yaris for $13 000. and the scions are part of toyota. they are from $14 000 -20 000 brand new

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • J D
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

For some unknown reason there are a lot of brainwashed people who think they are the only good cars out there so therefore they all want one. Demand causes higher prices. There are so many other cars out there, new and used, that are just as good if not better that you could purchase at a good price.

• 1 decade ago

Supply and demand. The Camry was ranked as car of the year. People realized that generally they run forever and are generally economical, so everyone wants one.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe they cost more because there a better machine. Buy a Kia and you'll be happy you can get one very cheaply. Why is hamburger cheaper than steak. When you trade in a Toyota at least you'll get some money back.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i recently bought a new used car and i was looking to buy the same thing and settle on a 02 honda accor and i paid 16707 but its all worth it and i dont think they are overpriced. I got mine with 55000 miles. you can get ripped off just make sure you watch the bb value. Your paying for the reliability and resale value.

• 1 decade ago

Yea Toyotas are overpriced! Get a Hyundai instead.

• 1 decade ago

Ya totally...not only that they're used and have already had miles put on thw wheels...they're all over the place...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.